25

"What do you mean she can't recognize me?!" Aomine yelled in distress to the doctor inside his office.

"Please calm down Aomine-san."  Doctor Irie said as he ran a hand through his hair. This really was a difficult situation, although the girl hadn't sustained any major physical injuries, it seemed like she had some deep rooted mental injury.

"I don't understand.." Aomine muttered running a hand down his face, with clenched teeth. 'I really fucked up.' He thought to himself as he screw his eyes shut.

"I ran through some tests while he was unconscious, her brain activity seems fine, no damage was given to the brain, the only inconvenience was her stitch re opening." Doctor Irie said as he looked through the girl's x rays. "But you said that she can't hear your name or see your face? That's interesting.... perhaps it is a problem that is rooted deeper in her emotional state than we thought."

"Please describe your relationship with (l/n)-san." Dr. Irie said.

Aomine hesitated for a bit, you were friends, you both went to the same middle school, were in the same basketball team. But after that night, with him, Kuroko, and (Y/n), everything fell apart.

"We...." he paused a bit thinking back to those bitter sweet memories in Teiko. "We were friends, teammates that played together in middle school...." he trailed off as memories of that rainy night under the bridge came rushing in his mind. "We.... we had a fight that didn't turn out very well....."

"I see." Doctor Irie said closing his eyes and inhaling deeply. "that might be why she can't seem to recognize you Aomine-san."

Aomine looked up to the Doctor, slightly hesitant. He knew the answer to his question, he knew why she didn't recognize it, but he just couldn't believe it himself. He didn't want to believe that the girl that he cared for all these years, had completely forgotten about him. He gulped in anticipation.

"As I've said before, (l/n)-san is currently suffering from Dissociative Amnesia, and you've mentioned a fight that you've had with her?" Doctor Irie quirked a brow looking at the tan male who slowly nodded in regret. "And based off of the information Kuroko-san has given me, you two were close. Not to mention, the argument that you had with her a couple days ago which resulted in her being in the current state that she is in right now."

Aomine slightly flinched at the mention of the most recent fight. It really was his fault, and if she couldn't remember him, it was because of Aomine's own actions.

Doctor Irie sighed closing his eyes and rubbing his temple, "It seems like you're a part of 2 traumatic events that (L/n)-san has experienced, and it seems like her brain went into defensive mode, blocking anything, or anyone that has been linked to these two events." He opened his eyes to meet with Aomine's wide ones. "And that includes you."

Aomine nervously gulped. It really was true, it was his fault that you couldn't remember him, and he couldn't even get made at you, because at the end of the day, It was his fault, no one else's.

"I don't know if it will be permanent but I'll try my best to fix this problem." Doctor Irie said intertwining his fingers together and placing his hands in front of his lips. "For now all we can do is wait. I'm sorry but there's really nothing I can do, we have to hope for the best."

Aomine grumbled as he recalled the conversation that he had with the doctor. But he couldn't be mad, it was his fault, he was the reason why you were like this. He pulled up his hood over his head and shoved his hands in his pockets, walking down the white hallways of the hospital.