Chapter 1: awake.

Nightmare walked through the empty castle halls, eye dead and no longer holding light. His body was thin and was very tired considering he was no longer bothered to eat, only drinking water. His boys had abandoned him for the better life the star senses had offered. Error got with ink and the two were now married with a son and Error had a massively thriving clothes and doll shop as many recognized his talent of sewing and embroiding.

Dust and Horror got together and were now fiancé's living in underswap where Horror finally got therapy alongside Dust and neither had to worry about being hungry, hurt or anything along those lines like they did in the past. He was glad they could live comfortably even if they left him behind to do so. Killer was married to Outer with a son called Noir and lived in Outertale, enjoying his new life and family. Cross married Dream and they had three kids and lived in the omega time line as its rulers, enjoying life and being happy. Something he could never be.

Everyone had left him, left him to rot and waste away. After all why would they want to be near him? The evil king of negativity who killed millions and looked like an ugly tar monster. No one wanted ruined and corrupted goods that destroyed everything around him and was completely empty inside even though he had 999+ souls that coated his body, hiding his scars of self harm, abuse and past fights. He didn't know why he was still alive. Guess he wasn't good enough for love or a happy ending. "We tried huh?" The corruption said in his head making him nod numbly. He felt so numb yet his chest felt crushed by an invisible rock. He was drowning yet he wasn't.

"Was I not good enough in the end?" Nightmare asked the other as he stared at the wall before him. Is that why they left. He felt the other shake his head. "I guess we weren't. No one ever liked us. We were just the unwanted twin of dream, the unwanted apple that reminded everyone of their suffering. The demon, the scum, the vile monster." Nightmare nodded and left his castle, not bothering to pack a lot. He just packed a small bag of books, a picture of them all and his phone with its charger. Summoning a blaster he fired a plasma laser at the castle, destroying it with a loud ass explosion and burning flames.

The blaster vanished and he left to the au he was born from. The au he had destroyed and killed with his own power. Luckily there were still some trees even though they were dead. Maybe he could finally die and leave this wretched life behind. As he landed onto the dead grass, he walked up the hill to the stump of their tree. The grass crunched under his feet as he reached his destination.

He looked at the broken stump, the top half of the tree laying on dead grass and a blackened brown. He sighed and sat down, leaning against the trunk. "Hey mum...its me. I know you don't want me here but soon you won't have to worry, I wont be here anymore. No one will need me. Not you, not dream..." he gulped as teared burned his eyes and his throat clogged. "Not my boys, not no one. I know now I'm not worth anything, not love or friendship or anything. I've realized now everything I've done is unforgivable and I realized you wanted two perfect guardians. I'm sorry that wasn't me. I'm sorry for how my life turned out and not being good enough. If I could take it back mum, I would." He began to sob, gripping the wood till it splintered under his grip and made his fingertips bleed.

His eye turned half purple half Cyan as he sobbed. He felt the flood gates finally open as he let everything he kept inside him come out. "Mama, I'm so so sorry for everything! I just wanted to be loved and cherished like dream was! I just wanted to be treated like a living being and not like scum simply for being Dreams opposite Mama! I just wanted to show I could be good too! But I couldn't even do that! I could handle the beatings, the name calling, the bullying, the rape but I couldn't handle the idea of Dream leaving and because of me I destroyed everything!! Forgive me mama!! Sorry for being the failure you made and regret!" Tears dribbled down his cheeks and dripped down his cheeks. "I just wanted to be loved by you mama, by my twin and everyone else but that was never fucking good enough!! I'm sorry I'm not worthy of anything. That we're not good enough. I'm sorry I will never amount to anything like everyone else around me, that I'm the freak that never was to society's standards and was different. I know you won't care if I disappeared but mama, mommy, please know I'm sorry and I love you."

He eventually cried himself to sleep, magic, mind and soul exhausted and ready to give up. However what he didn't realize was the tree was never dead, just dormant with magic. Nightmares tears held enough magic to however kickstart that dormant magic and deep within the severed tree, the original guardian awoke. She had heard everything. Her son, her baby boy. Why did it turn out this way?! She didn't want that to happen, she just wanted the multiverse to be balanced!! How DARE those humans hurt her child whilst she couldn't protect them and then play victim!!

She winced as she was freed from the tree and now a bit different. She had legs and was a big more skeletal in nature. She was taller than her sleeping son who was below her and fast asleep. She wore a green top and brown overalls and black boots. Her eyes held a hard edge but not to Nightmare, but to everything else and more importantly herself. After the attack she became scared and after making the twins her own fears made her return to the tree and go dormant. Her own cowardice made her a terrible mother and her sons had suffered, her eldest the most.

Well not anymore! She was going to rewrite all her wrongs and show her son what he needed; love, affection, trust, loyalty, and more importantly happiness. Terra watched the corruption recoil into the others soul and showed a grayish skeleton covered in scars, cracks and weak bones. "I'm so so sorry I neglected you and left you to fend for yourself." She picked him up and cradled him.

"But mama's here and I'm going to re-write my wrongs but first to do so I'm going to change our home ok sweetie?" She kissed his forehead and picked his back up before she began to play with the au code. No one was gonna live here unless the AU deemed them worthy and no humans we're gonna show up. For now it was going to be her and her son.

The red sky turned a beautiful azure with fluffy clouds as grass turned from straw yellow to a healthy lush green. The tree fixed itself with a sickening crunch and leaves bloomed. Flowers, animals and everything flourished back to life after so many centuries and she began to walk to a house. When her son woke up, it would be time to begin their new journey.