Chapter 2.

Terra watched her son sleep snuggled in the old bed in the remains of the house. He was very light and very weak, his bones looked so malnourished.

Her son clearly didn't get proper treatment at all and his body had suffered due to this. How could no one see how small the other was or how thin his bones were because even under that darkness it should have been noticeable. She kissed his forehead and tucked the bunny plushie she had found into his arms which he snuggled and held close, burying his face in it. He smiled in his sleep making her smile. "It's ok now. You no longer have to be the guardian of negativity for i am. I will both negativity and Positivity."

The mother looked at herself in a mirror that was covered in some dirt and vines that had gotten in from the small crack in the window beside her. She was a 6"3 Skelton monster with green hair and heterochromic eyes; the left eye purple and the right eye was gold. She had green vines decorating her body like vines draped and curling around trees as she also had a pair of clear fairy wings that were huge but had some type of edges to show she was a very powerful woman. The wings did have shimmers of gold and purple in certain angles of light showing she was the guardian of feelings again.

"Whoa. I look nothing like i used to. I no longer look like a leaf woman attached to a tree." She mused. "And i can also be with my son. The upgrade is hella amazing." As she looked over self in the mirror trying to see all the changes, Nightmare woke up.

Nightmare awoke with a yawn and stretched, feeling well rested and full of energy. He also felt much better mentally and emotionally now he had, had a good cry. "I feel so much better." He muttered to himself as he looked down at where he was. He was in a bed decorated in soft white linen sheets and cuddling a fluffy bunny plushie that was definitely not his. He blinked, raising an eye brow. "Where am i? I fell asleep at the stump?"

The small skeleton looked up to see Terra looked at her son, shocked he was awake so early after such an emotional breakdown. Nightmare didn't recognise the skeleton before him but she felt so familiar at the same time. "Who are you?" He asked feeling anxious and awkward as to who she was. Terra swooped down and hugged him tightly as she could without hurting his fragile bones. "You're ok." She said relieved as tears burned her sockets.

Her baby was ok! Well physically as he could be. Mentally was a whole different kettle of fish but she'd work to help him out as best she could. Nightmares face had a look of 'who the fuck is this crazy lady? And where in the fifty shades of dreamtale am i?' He hugged back hesitantly as he looked at her.

Pale purple eyes studied purple and gold eyes and as he took her appearance in NIghtmare felt his soul stop as his mind figured it out. This was his mother, the one who made him and his brother all those many years ago. She was here, holding him and nuzzling him but that couldn't be possible!! He had killed her and the tree!

"M-mama?!" He said in shock and then began to hyperventilate as anxiety, self-loathing and fear gripped his souls and held them in a vice grip. "No. Nononononononononononononononononon, you hate me! M-mama hates me! E-everyone hates me, she doesn't want me, no one wants me. I'm in trouble, mama's gonna punish me! I-I'm sorry mama, please dont hurt me! Don't let the bad men and women hurt me!" He sobbed weakly as he struggled to breathe.

His soul was hammering, he felt clammy and light heavy but at the same time he felt present and like he was drowning. He felt in control and yet so scared and vulnerable, like he was in danger. ((This is my accounts of panic attacks feel to me)) Terra's eyes widened in horror as she felt colour drain from her bones if such a feat was possible.

Hurt him? Not want him? Bad men and women? Why would she hate her child who did what he felt like he had to when he had finally snapped from years of abuse? Why would she let others touch her little prince? Oh hell no! She was not going to make the same mistake she did years ago. She sat in the rocking chair and began to rock gently, holding Nightmare like he was a newborn on her chest.