Chapter 26

|Steve's POV|

I wake up suddenly. I am desoriented for a minute before remembering what happened a few hours ago. I'm on the couch in the living room. I glance at the table and notice my phone on it. I grab it and look at the time. 5:30 am. It's still quite early... I yawn and stretch before getting off the couch. I feel way better than before. I start walking upstairs towards my bedroom. I enter the room and grab some sweatpants, a new underwear, another t-shirt and an oversized hoodie as well as a new pair of socks. I get out of my bedroom and get inside of the bathroom. I put all the clothes on a chair before taking all of my clothes off. I get in the shower and turn it on. The warm water hits my back gently, making me feel quite good and relaxed. I quickly put some soap all over my body and shampoo in my hair before washing myself with the water once more. I have absolutely no idea of how long I stay under the hot water but at some point, my hand turns it off and I get out of the shower. I grab a towel from the cupboard and dry myself quickly before tying the towel around my waist. Right at this moment, I hear someone knock at the door.

-"Steve? What are you doing in the bathroom at 6am??" I hear my mom say

-"I wanted to take a shower" I say

-"You should have told me about it! What if something happened to you and I wasn't awake uh? Did you even think about that?" she lectures me from behind the bathroom door.

-"I'm fine mom" I say before untying the towel, making it fall on the floor with my dirty clothes. I grab my black boxers and put them on as well as my grey sweatpants and my blue socks. As I was gonna grab my shirt, I feel something inside of my head and my vision gets blurred. I fall on the floor. My mom definitely heard that. Within a second, she enters the bathroom and finds me laying on the floor.

-"Steve! Are you okay??" she says, clearly worried.

-"Yeah yeah I might have been too quick..." I groan. She helps me get up.

-"See? That's the type of thing I was talking about" she says sternly. I don't reply. She sighs.

-"C'mon, I'll get you back on the couch but first put that shirt on" she says, grabbing my shirt and giving it to me. I pull the shirt over my head as mom grabs my hoodie. She helps me get downstairs and I lay back down on the couch. She puts my hoodie on the table next to me. Then, she goes to take a glass of water and a medicine. She gives it to me and I drink it at once before pouting. She gives me a warning look before taking the glass back to the kitchen. Then she comes back next to me.

-"Don't you dare move your butt from that couch anymore" she warns me. I nod slightly.

-"I'm gonna clean the bathroom and then I'll go back to bed for an hour. You, try to get some sleep" she says before walking away.

-"Mom?" I say. I hear her stop right in her tracks.

-"Yes Steve?"

-"I need to pee..." I let out. I hear her steps come back next to the couch.

-"Are you being serious right now???" she asks

-"No" I start laughing. I feel a hand slap me on the back of the head. It makes me laugh even harder. Mom rolls her eyes.

-"Go to sleep now troublemaker" she says before walking away. I sigh and stare at the ceiling for a while. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find sleep...

I was wrong.

*********************************

|Steve's POV|

I'm being woken up by some hard rock music. I groan, burying my face deeper in my pillow.

-"Are you fucking kidding me mom?? I was sleeping well for once..." I groan