v

kokichi ouma didn't think he and shuichi saihara would have so much in common.

he used to see him as someone gloomy, weird, and timid. but to be honest, he likes people like him. shuichi is like his polar opposite, he's everything kokichi isn't and it's somewhat.. attractive? not that looks has anything to do with it, kokichi thinks shuichi is like an 7.5 on the hotness scale but that doesn't matter. boys can find other boys attractive, that's fine. like some sort of magnetic force, he's being pulled closer towards shuichi by gravity and it makes him want to learn more about him.

the violette has a habit of observing others, he likes to note the littlest details of his surroundings and the way people react around him. he notices shuichi blushes a lot around him and it definitely has nothing to do with him having a fever. hell, he even put a hand to his forehead, asking if he was alright but shuichi turned as red as a tomato and couldn't sputter out a single word. shuichi also asked for his preferred pronouns which is nice, kokichi believes.

kokichi notes how he has the habit of twiddling his thumbs and enjoys gazing at him when he rambles on about the littlest things. after spending time with kokichi, he stops stuttering and eventually opens up to him. kokichi finds it to be quite adorable.

shuichi has these big grey eyes, ones that draw kokichi in, making him want to learn more about him. it makes kokichi fantasize about the things they could be doing together. he can see shuichi getting along with kiibo, and becoming part of their friend group.. things wouldn't change much if shuichi joined them, in fact, it would be nice to have him around.

there's just one small issue.

"you should take off that hat."

shuichi freezes immediately, he slowly turns to face the violette and kokichi cocks a smile.

"h-huh? i - uh - well-", shuichi tries to formulate words, moving and using his hands to try to find the right sentence but fails. "n-no thanks."

kokichi frowns. "c'mon shuichi, you don't need that lame emo hat!", he says, leaning back into the couch as music continues to blast in the background. he furrows his eyes, is that 'bang the doldrums' by fall out boy? man, shuichi must be stuck in his 2015 tumblr phase. he shakes his head, watching as strands of his hair fall loose. "i think it's stopping you from reaching your full potential! c'mon, when was the last time you went out without that thing?"

as expected, there's no answer. kokichi sighs, shuffling closer to shuichi who tenses up once more. their eyes meet for a brief second and wow, flustered shuichi is officially the definition of cute. the violette beams a smile, snatching his hat and adjusting the cap on his head instead.

"ko-kokichi?! hey, give that back!"

kokichi lets out a giggle. "no way!", he exclaims, jumping back and watches as shuichi falls face flat trying to catch him. kokichi stifles out a laugh, bending back down to hold a hand out.

"asides, you have really nice eyes, shuichi. without this ol' thing, they stand out in the sun more, y'know?"

shuichi takes his hand and processes the words, eyes widening as realization dawns over him. he retreats his hand from kokichi's warm hold, averting his gaze with cherry red cheeks. kokichi grins, knowing he's won. it feels nice to compliment people.

"o-okay, i'll leave it off for you.", shuichi says, slowly looking back up to kokichi. they hold each other's stare, longer than how one would look at a friend as kokichi finally pulls away, breaking the contact. shuichi's heart skips a beat and his eyes fall back to the ground, mindlessly tugging on a strand of his hair.

kokichi's eyes land on the clock, realizing it's almost five. he doesn't want to be late to his and rantaro's meet up! after all, he's the one he asked rantaro to meet at the plaza and if kokichi is the one that's late, it would be a major bummer for rantaro.