i

gambogeish grey eyes and emerald green eyes follow a violette-haired boy as he picks up his backpack from his chair and swings it over his shoulder, heading out of the classroom with one of his friends. they chatter happily amongst themselves as they step through the door and into the crowded hallway.

the grey-eyed boy is the first to move from his hypnotized state, he adjusts his hat, lowering it so it snuggles tight above his eyes, forcing him to squint to see as he flimsily stands up from his seat. gathering his materials, he tosses his binders into his bag and doesn't dare to zip it closed.

all that's on his mind is the violette-haired boy and how pretty he looks in his denim baby blue overalls and sunshine yellow shirt. his somewhat mismatching rainbow socks and rose pink hairclips completed the look, finalizing the fit to come off as something mixed as childish and indie. but shuichi didn't mind, he thinks the boy looks lovely.

the green-eyed boy fixes his blazer, standing up as he picks up his backpack resting against the desk leg. the violette-haired boy is resting in his mind too, rantaro could only think about his half-hearted smile and how his eyes would light up, crinkling at the corner as he tilts his head to top it off. smiling is something that suited the boy most, and rantaro is willing to do anything to keep him content.

what their teacher's taught didn't matter to him - okay, maybe it did - but whenever he sees the violette, it's as if everyone in the room magically disappeared and it's just the two of them. he is simply spectacular, just like a magician, he has his own tricks to magically make rantaro hopelessly fall for him.

something - well - more of a certain loner accidentally knocks into rantaro amami's shoulder, he winces as his eyes follow shuichi saihara, sending him a death glare as he continues to hesitantly walk away.

"sorry.", shuichi mutters low as he keeps his head hanging low, eyes downcast to the tiled floor but with his head high in the clouds.

though irritated, rantaro's expression softens and forces himself to speak. "it's fine, you didn't mean to bump into me.", he answers, waving it off as he follows behind him.

their eyes meet for a brief moment, exchanging fast glances. shuichi's were full of fear, whereas rantaro's were narrowed and full of courage, they ignore the moment before turning away, heading in opposing directions to their next class.

rantaro meets up with his best friend, korekiyo shinguji, and shuichi walks down the hall alone, trying to avoid every sort of eye contact. though they're two different kinds of people, rantaro being an extroverted popular kid and shuichi being an introverted loner, they were similar in their own ways.

one of the similarities is that they share the same period one english class, another thing is that they live on the same street and lastly, they both have a growing crush on the violette-haired boy who sits in the front of the class.

"today, i'm going to ask kokichi out.", is what they told themselves.