vi

Since yesterday afternoon, a certain purple-haired and grape panta loving boy has been on Shuichi's mind. Not that Kokichi ever leaves his head, if he had a dollar for how many times he's thought of him, Shuichi would be filthy rich and buying all of Kokichi's favourite things to win his heart.

Even with all the money in the world, Shuichi can never buy the key to his heart. Blocks of gold aren't enough to satisfy Kokichi and his personal needs, he knows it. Romanticizing him with neons and spoiling him with gifts simply wouldn't be the way, Kokichi is most likely looking for someone with personality, not how many dollar bills one can hold in their palms.

Quite enough, it will be tough.

But after yesterday's meet, Shuichi is only at the starting line. He used to be behind but now, he's caught up. He's taken the first step to becoming Kokichi's boyfriend, partner, significant other, lover, soulmate, and other words that mean 'the love of my life'. And that first step is by being his friend, then the next will be becoming his bestie and soon, they'll start going out.

(the plan is still in development, shuichi doesn't know what he's doing either)

However, he needs some advice. He really can't think for himself without overthinking. It's a habit he needs to get rid of, he knows. With that, he pulls out his phone and opens up Instagram to message his favourite (and only) weird username bestie.

emohatboy:
KAEDE

kaedead.ontheinside:
SHUICHI???

emohatboy:
SO Kokichi goes to school early..
Should I go to meet him there?

kaedead.ontheinside:
shuichi what.
uhhh i mean
you don't want to come off as a creep

emohatboy:
Well...
..your skin makes me cry

kaedead.ontheinside:
huh

emohatboy:
You float like a feather
in a beautiful world
I wish I was special

kaedead.ontheinside:
OH
YOU'RE SO FUCKING SPECIAL

emohatboy:
Thanks!

kaedead.ontheinside:
HFSKJLHDJKLS PLS

emohatboy:
BUT I'M A CREEP

kaedead.ontheinside:
AND I'M A WEIRDO

emohatboy:
WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE

kaedead.ontheinside:
I DON'T BELONG HERE

emohatboy:
I like your music taste

kaedead.ontheinside:
thanks, i like it too

emohatboy:
OKA WAIT YES OR NO
MEETING KOKICHI THING

kaedead.ontheinside:
OH UH
YES I GUESS???

emohatboy:
THANKS
I'LL SEE YOU AT SCHOOL

kaedead.ontheinside:
OKAY BYE
GO GET UR MAN SHUICHI

emohatboy:
WILL DO

In a flash, Shuichi Saihara slips his phone into his pockets and dives for the door. He locks his door in a hustle, double-checking to make sure it is locked before stumbling over his own feet on his path to school.