Chapter 6

Hermione wiggled with her eyebrows when Sophia walked out which earned her a questioning look by the Slytherin in disguise. "So, he calls you Sophia and you are flirting? What did I miss?", Mione asked her with a sly smile on her lips. "Am I missing something?", Sophia answered with a counter-question. Her name was Sophia, so what the hell was special about being called by her name? Her Gryffindor-friend explained that Malfoy normally only called his close friends by their first names and that it also took some time to allow people to call him Draco. As it seems, he was really proud of his name. After Hermione mentioned the last-name-thingy, Sophia suddenly realized that it was true. Draco always hung around Vincent and Gregory but only called them Crabbe and Goyle. They arrived at the Gryffindor portrait and were allowed to enter; the fat lady didn't seem to really check, lucky for them.

Sophia looked around the Gryffindor common room, it looked really nice. But nothing could outdo the Slytherin common room. Who could say that they could see the creatures of the black lake from their common room? Right, only fellow Slytherins. Music was playing, people were cheering and everyone was dancing. Hermione and Sophia goofed around, danced, stepped on each other's feet, and drank punch. All in all, they enjoyed the night until Ronald Weasley kissed a girl called Lavender Brown. Hermione stormed out of the common room and Sophia hurried after her.

The hurt Gryffindor-girl sat down on a desk in the first empty classroom she could find. Small yellow birds were flying around her head, and she was clearly trying not to cry. Sophia wrapped her arms around her friend. She did not know that Hermione liked Ron but as she thought about it, she realized that the description of how Amortentia smelled to her described Ron. Hermione cried on her friend's shoulder, actually feeling ridiculous for her feelings. As soon as the muggle-born witch calmed down, both of them sat down on the ground and leaned against a nearby wall, talking about feelings and boys. Sophia found out that Hermione always did her best to support Ron and also that she even manipulated the tryouts to get Ron into the team. She more or less confessed her feelings for Ron and Sophia's heart melted. It seemed like Hermione really liked the boy but he seemed totally oblivious. One could clearly see that Hermione was getting goosebumps because it was quite cold in that room. Sophia put her robes on Hermione's shoulders – well, they were Gryffindor robes anyway. 

"I don't want to think about him anymore... Can we talk about something else? You and Malfoy, for example", Hermione then said as she wiped away a few tears. The now not-really-new-girl thought about these words for a second. "I mean, he has a girlfriend and regarding my will to live, I am not planning to start a fight with her", she chuckled which earned her a confused look. The girl next to her looked at the ground, thinking about who Sophia could mean but didn't get it. Malfoy did not have a girlfriend and this was exactly what Hermione told her friend. "But what was Pansy talking about, then?", Sophia asked and was really confused. There were several moments she remembered where Pansy told her to back off and her housemate actually seemed like she cared for Draco; she worried about him. "They were a thing, but I am not sure if they ever were together. The two attended the yule ball together back then and hung out much last year but this year he really seems annoyed from Pansy. No worries, he totally is not together with that pug-faced girl"

Sophia was quite surprised when she heard Hermione calling Pansy names, even though it was not exactly a harsh insult. Well, she could understand that the witch next to her most likely still was hurt and angry because of Ron and was pretty sure that she wouldn't calm down very quickly. It was understandable, though. Before she could even say anything else about the Draco topic, Harry came in and only a few moments later, Ron entered the room, pulling Lavender with him. "Oops!", said Lavender, giggled, and left the room. Sophia was ready to hex the annoying girl when she saw that Hermione was looking hurt again. Who even would care if she hexed Lavender? She was a Slytherin, Harry and Ron didn't trust her anyway. She wouldn't lose anything. 

"If she makes one wrong move, I swear," Sophia whispered to Hermione who was on the verge of tears. The Gryffindor girl stood up and walked towards the door while saying that Ron shouldn't leave his little girlfriend waiting. "Oppugno!", Hermione's voice rang out and the birds above her head started attacking the ginger. Hermione left the room and Sophia hurried after her, one could clearly hear Ron hysterically yelling. While passing Lavender, Sophia shot her a venomous look. "Thank you for being there for me, but I need some time alone now", Hermione said as a sob escaped her lips. Sophia hugged her one last time before returning to the dungeons, totally forgetting that she still was wearing a Gryffindor uniform.

"Pure-blood," she said and was allowed to enter her common room. Crabbe and Goyle looked at her and snickered, some other Slytherins were spread around the room and turned their attention to her. Whispers erupted in the room and Sophia looked down at her clothes, mentally slapping herself. There would be rumors going around school about her, maybe they'd think that she was sleeping with a Gryffindor... In the end, only the tie symbolized that it was a Gryffindor-uniform since she left 'her' robe with Hermione. And people could swap ties easily if they were in a hurry. 'Merlin help me,' she thought. The students quickly turned to whatever they were doing before and stopped talking about Sophia, only the two chubby boys didn't leave her alone.

"I knew your parents were blood traitors, but I didn't expect you to proudly show off that you're a slut for some mud blood", Crabbe snickered, referring to the tie she was wearing. Uncomfortably, she fiddled with it, wanting to take it off. "Everyone already saw it; no need to play pretend now."

She took a step back and stumbled against someone; Sophia hadn't expected anyone standing there. "Watch where you're going you mud blood, or do you want to end like your parents?", she heard Goyle's voice. People talking about her parents always got her weak and as it seems, they knew it. Well, she made it quite obvious after all, but she couldn't control her emotions. "Don't talk to me like that, you both!", she tried defending herself but felt helpless. They were much taller than her, and she left her wand in her dorm since she hadn't expected to need it. She had only planned to go to a party, after all. "Or what?", Goyle smirked, obviously not taking her seriously. "Or I..."

She did not know what to say. There was nothing she could do, nothing.
"Or I'll hex you until you can neither speak nor insult her anymore," a cold voice said behind her. Sophia's heart dropped; she was able to recognize Draco without even having to turn around. "Draco, mate, calm down," Crabbe said. Well, in the end, it was really hypocritical. Normally, Draco was the one who insulted everyone and who was the king of pureblood-supremacy. No one expected him to stand up for someone like Sophia, not even herself. "Leave."

"Unbelievable", one of them muttered as they walked away. They were Draco's follower,s after all, it was nearly creepy how much they depended on him. Sophia turned around and faced him. "Are you alright?", he asked her and watched her taking off the damn tie. He knew how much this topic hurt her and that she relived memories she just wanted to repress since they spent time together that night. And since then, the girl in front of him actually had a soft spot in his heart, he actually cared about her. "Yes, thank you," she murmured and looked at her feet. He knew that Hermione gave her the tie, right? He didn't think that lowly of her, right?! Draco put two fingers on her chin and made her look up. "If they ever harass you again, tell me. I will take care of it."

Sophia smiled at him, relieved that he had her back. He smiled back at her; it was one of the rare moments anyone saw him looking happy in the slightest way. She once again thanked him. "I am just looking out my friend," he replied. It made her heart flutter a little. She really had not expected him to stand up for her, to be honest, she actually thought that he only talked to her because he felt forced to. I mean - who would just ignore a crying person, and who would just ignore someone who approached you? Little did she know that Draco was actually a person who would do it, that meant that he actually talked to her because he wanted to.