Chapter 5

Sophia and Draco did not start to talk much more after that one evening in the astronomy tower

Sophia and Draco did not start to talk much more after that one evening in the astronomy tower. Still, something little changed: At the meals, they greeted each other with a little nod and actually acknowledged the presence of the other one. It was like someone moved a lever in Sophia's head that night, she always unconsciously tried to have an eye on Malfoy's wellbeing since she found out that he also felt stressed and pressured. It was clearly visible as he continued losing weight and looked like he did not sleep in ages. Also, he got in trouble with Filch very often for sneaking out after curfew and lingering in corridors students weren't allowed in.

The day after the incident in Hogsmeade happened, Blaise noticed the minor change in Draco and Sophia's behavior towards each other. He instantly shot the platinum-blonde boy a warning look and got one back. Sophia observed the situation in confusion as she did not know what was happening. Since this was only her second month at Hogwarts, she did not know about Blaise's reputation with girls. He was a player and was known for breaking hearts, using girls only for one night. He just was so sweet towards her that she didn't even expect him to be like that in the slightest. Thinking back at the first part of her Hogsmeade trip made her smile. She actually spent the money for the boxing telescope for nothing as she just put in her wardrobe and forgot it there, but the experience of going there was funny enough to make it worth the money. Thinking back, she couldn't suppress a little smirk, she remembered the nickname Fred gave Draco.

It was the day Slytherin had a quidditch match against Gryffindor. Sophia sadly had too much homework to do, so she couldn't watch, but she promised Hermione to meet up with her afterward. She hadn't really expected to meet anyone else in the common room as house pride was something really important in Hogwarts, and she, therefore, expected everyone to be at the game, cheering for their team. Right when she finished her charms essay, she heard steps and turned around. She spotted the one and only Draco Malfoy who stopped in his tracks when he saw her. "Didn't expect anyone else to stay here", Sophia started talking to make it less awkward. Draco shrugged and sat down on a couch next to her and looked at her, faking a cough. "Yeah, I am not playing today, I'm ill", Draco said and leaned back, relaxing in his seat. Sophia looked at him, surprised. She did not even know that he played quidditch on the Slytherin team. She asked him all about it, and he told her that he was actually the seeker on the team but thought about quitting his position as he had more important things to do. He also asked her if she played quidditch which made her laugh because she was embarrassed. "I actually never learned to fly on a broomstick. It was not seen as ladylike at my own school," she confessed and sank deeper in her seat. He raised an eyebrow at her because he couldn't believe it. At Hogwarts, every first-year learned how to fly. "I can teach you if you want", he offered but wasn't quite sure why he did so. Draco had to work on the vanishing cabinet and couldn't risk losing more time! Maybe he felt bad because he knew why her parents died, and he knew that her legal guardian would die the same way, killed by death eaters... killed by him. But maybe, he just found her interesting, he even felt a bit attracted to her. He did not want to accept it though, so he just blamed it on the guilt.

A bright smile found its way on Sophia's face when she heard the offer. "I'd love to!", she said cheerfully and clapped her hands, looking forward to it. Honestly, she imagined flying to be terrifying and already knew that she would be scared but the feeling of roaming through the air must be worth it. Also, he was a seeker; he certainly knew the best tips to deal with flying! Seeing how happy he made her just by that offer, he actually felt a bit happy himself. Draco did not often feel like he had done something right, he actually felt like he was a failure to his family and to his friends. Especially the task he had to finish in that school year made him nervous.

Sophia remembered that he didn't play because he felt ill. "Do you need anything from Madame Pomfrey or something to eat or drink? I'd get it for you", she told him. If he was nice enough to teach her to fly, she could help him when he felt ill, right? He shook his head and told her that he felt fine and that there was no need to worry. She could clearly tell that he was lying, the way his cheekbones stand out showed that he clearly wasn't eating enough, therefore he couldn't feel that well. Still, she accepted his answer, nodded, and continued with her homework. They worked on their potions essay together and chatted while writing. She noticed that he wasn't as tense as he was when he sat at breakfast and asked herself what the reason was but didn't ask. In the end, she would seem like a stalker if she told him that she noticed such small things. While talking, he told her about his second name and that it was his fathers' first name, and she informed him that her full name actually was Sophia Eliana Adams. He commented that her initials were S.E.A., like the sea. Sophia smirked and said that he should be careful. "Maybe I am a Siren, and I am trying to lure you", she said jokingly, and he smirked. Sophia knew that she had heard the name 'Lucius Malfoy' somewhere but couldn't quite remember where. It didn't come to her mind that she read that name in the daily prophet because he was imprisoned in Azkaban for being a death eater. She finished her essay way before him. "Of course you already finished, you're Sophia Olga Adams after all", he grinned and referred to her performance in class. "My name is not Olga!", she pouted and crossed her arms. He couldn't hold back his laughter as he told her that he knew but that he imagined her reaction to be funny. "And I was right!"

A few people started entering and did not really look pleased – it was quite clear that Slytherin lost. "I think Mione is waiting for me outside, I'll see you later!", she told Draco and stood up. At that moment, they could hear Blaise talking to someone, saying "What is a mudblood like you doing in front of the Slytherin entrance? No one wants you here."
It surprised Sophia a bit. She knew that he must be talking to her friend and had actually thought that he would resist insulting her friends since he stopped insulting her, too. Blaise was her friend after all, too. He rolled his eyes and headed towards the boy's dormitory whereas Sophia greeted the Gryffindor. She excitedly told her that Gryffindor was hosting a party and gave her some clothes. Confused, Sophia asked why she would get clothes and Hermione whispered that they were one of her Gryffindor robes. "The fat lady doesn't control the entrance as precisely as usual, so you're coming with me, let's celebrate!"

Sophia actually liked that idea and went to her dorm to change into the Gryffindor robes. Looking in the mirror, she actually liked how red and gold suited her. She made sure that no one was around when she snuck out of her dorm. Only Blaise and two other Slytherins had already entered, and they were already in their dorms, so she felt safe. Carefree as she was, she had totally forgotten that Draco didn't leave in the first place, so he couldn't have entered, and he saw her. "Didn't know you are a Gryffindor, Sophia", he mocked her as he looked at her tie. Shocked, she turned around and looked up to him as he was now standing behind her. "I honestly forgot you were here.", she confessed and remembered that he was a prefect. He wouldn't tell a professor about her wanting to sneak into another common room, right? "Well, first I was a Siren, now I am a Gryffindor. Let's see what I will be next," she said jokingly and then heard someone gagging. Pansy stood there. "Well, your pathetic attempts of flirting show that you want to be his girlfriend next. Back off, he doesn't want you!", the black-haired girl hissed. Sophia raised her brows and looked a bit confused. She wasn't flirting with Draco, why would she even try if he was taken? "I think you're having hallucinations or something", Sophia answered, waved goodbye to Draco, and left the Slytherin common room. Little did she know that she was subconsciously slowly starting to fall for Draco.

 Little did she know that she was subconsciously slowly starting to fall for Draco

Please vote and leave a comment! :)