003

CHAPTER THREE
"and all i am is a man, i want the world in my hand."
"you're just a poser."

o LUNCH TIME o

laurie sat by maria at lunch. she wasn't apart of chico's group, she wasn't apart of any group really. she was a rat, but nobody treated her like one. she never got handed a box of rat bones on her first day. the legacies never pranked her, but they never really talked to her either. she kinda just hung out with everyone.

"chico if you keep staring at him any longer, i think your eyes will pop out." laurie laughed at chico, who was staring intensely at the back of marcus' head. chico scowled at laurie, as maria tried to stifle her laughter. marcus could feel a pair of eyes on him the entire time billy explained the schools 'groups', but he never turned around.

"why's she's with them?" marcus asked billy. billy furrowed his eyebrows at the question, before his eyes landed on laurie sitting with chico and maria. "she's maria's best friend, their hardly ever apart." billy answered, hoping up from his seat. "what are you doing?" marcus asked, watching the boy jump over the table. "come on, i want to show you something." billy pulled marcus up.

laurie laughed as she saw billy dragging marcus out of the cafeteria. marcus tried to ask billy what he was doing, just for him to get no reply.

"i'm gonna go smoke." laurie told the group of people she was sat with. they all nodded, as maria looked at the girl with a suspicious look. maria knew that laurie didn't smoke. "i'll see you tonight. we need to work on lin's assignment." maria whispered. the girl nodded and told her goodbye.

~~~
  o THE GRAVEYARD o

"turns out patchouli and berkinstocks don't protect you from a hit to the noggin." laurie could hear lex from the steps of the graveyard. she entered to find petra, lex, marcus, and billy smoking by the corner of the rooftop.

they all smiled at her as she came over to them, petra handing her a cigarette, which she declined to. "you don't smoke?" marcus asked, as he took a drag of his own cigarette. she shook her head, and he raised his eyebrows. "so, ready for your throw down with chico?" laurie asked marcus.

"that guys all talk." he said, looking out at the city. lex tutted and brung a hand to marcus's shoulder. laurie shook her head, knowing all to well of how protective chico is of maria. "the last dude that looked at maria, ended up with a fork in his back." billy said, stomping out his cigarette. "and that was his cousin" petra added on. marcus' smirked dropped off his face, making laurie gain one on hers.

"good luck marcus." laurie said in a sing song voice, to which marcus smiled and flipped her off.

~~~
o GAMBLING TABLE o

"wanna go again lorelai?" chico asked laurie, taking the money he had just won from her, off the table. laurie got up, and banged her hands on the table, making the chips rattle. "hell no, i'm not losing any more money to a loser like you." she said, making chico smirk at her temper and competitiveness.

the door to the school barged open, presenting an angry marcus. "hey." he yelled, punching chico square in the jaw. laurie gasped, and tried to go over to them, but juan held her back. "you don't need to get hurt lorelai." he whispered to her.

laurie gave up her struggling, letting juan loosen his grip on her. chico got up, and stood closely to marcus. "what's up?" chico yelled, throwing his two middle fingers up, waving them in his face.