008

CHAPTER EIGHT
'the worst things in life come free to us. and were just under the upper hand, go mad for a couple grams.'
"you're a bitch."

~~~
o THE QUEENS' ROOM o

they were all preparing for the dance. they even invited petra to come and get ready with them. petra was going with viktor, but didn't seem to be to excited about it.

laurie slipped in her emerald green dress, with the help of maria. it was slick and stopped mid thigh, and it hugged her curvy figure perfectly. it made her hazel eyes and brown hair pop. she curled her hair, pulling a front piece back and pinning it with a silver barrette.  she added light makeup, her freckles still very much visible, the way she wanted them to be.

maria was wearing a red dress, of course. it was strapless and made her boobs look big. both of the girls paired there outfits with black heels. on the other hand, saya was not attending the dance. she claims there 'boring and a waste of time, that could be used for training.'.

"do you think marcus will be up at the graveyard tonight?" saya asked, laying on maria's bed. maria shrugged her shoulders, adding a final touch of her red lipstick.

"yeah, he told me him, billy, and lex were going." laurie said, her and petra standing by the door, waiting for maria. "why do you ask?"

"just wanted to hang out." saya huffed, hoping up. "well i'm going to go look for him. have fun at the dance." she said, walking out of the door.

"that man stealing bitch." maria rolled her eyes. petras eyes widened, but she didn't say anything. laurie sighed in response, opening the door and walking out. maria and petra following.

"we look hot as fuck." laurie said, as the girls walked to the dance.

"right." maria said, twirling around. petra and laurie laughed, when she almost fell. her high heels were pretty tall.

~~~
o THE DANCE o

it was about an hour into the dance, and laurie and maria began to grow bored. they were sitting at a table, maria drinking booze, and laurie drinking whiskey from a flask.

the thought of marcus and saya together at the graveyard, hasn't left laurie alone. it's all she's been thinking about, and she didn't know why. it's not like her and marcus were together, she knew that. but she also knew that she fancied him a bit, but so did saya. and her competition would be tough to beat.

"i'm bored let's get the hell out of here." maria said, slamming the bottle on the table and standing up. laurie nodded. both of the girls were drunk, and couldn't see completely straight.

the sound of someone taping the mic blared throughout the room. laurie and maria both hissed at the screeching sound, putting their hands over their ears. brandy lynn stepped on stage, smirking at something- or someone, to the side.

"listen up everybody! y'all might know her as the dark cloud that haunts the halls on kings. but tonight, thanks to the lovely ladies of the cheer death squad, she's gone from wasteoid to passable." brandy slurred, ushering someone from the side to come out.

three cheer squad members drug out petra. except petra didn't look like petra at all. they had forced her into a bright yellow dress, and placed a blonde wig over her black hair. laurie started to make her way forwards the stage, where brandy was smirking.