.56.

I was beyond shocked when I almost ran into a hulking half-naked man in the hall on my way to the bathroom the day after Gray's dinner party. When I recovered, I could hardly keep a straight face at the sight of Bart dashing from our bathroom to Rebecca's room wearing her super short pink satin robe.

"Hey, Isla!" He called out in a deep voice on his way past me, though his muscular neck had turned the same color as Rebecca's silky kimono. "You look like you're feeling better."

"Hey, Bart," I smiled and averted my eyes because the robe was just grazing the bottom of Bart's buttcheeks. "I am."

Bart wedged his body behind Rebecca's door to keep talking to me as a floating head. 

"Oh, yeah?" He looked down at the floor (probably studying his hairy Hobbit feet). "Gray's not."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. 

"Whatever you guys talked about last night," Bart's blue eyes locked on mine. "It really upset Gray."

"Oh, um," my cheeks were heating up with an awkward flush. I liked Bart a lot and I appreciated his misguided loyalty to his best friends, but I didn't appreciate him meddling in my personal business. "It was, upsetting for me too."

"Well, whatever it was about," Bart said earnestly. "I hope you guys can work it out. I've never seen him like this."

I bobbed my head as if taking his suggestion under consideration. 

"I don't think that's going to happen, Bart," I muttered.

"What?" Rebecca yowled, throwing her bedroom door open with a haughty whoosh and causing the flimsy lapels of Bart's robe to flap open. He screamed and quickly grabbed the material to cover his bare chest (and bits). "Why?"

At least I knew that Gray was telling the truth when it came to his buddy's penis shape and size (not that I ever wanted that information confirmed). 

"Because I saw him walking a woman to her car yesterday morning," I spoke to Rebecca to keep from laughing out loud at Bart's high-pitched wardrobe malfunction. Unlike her boyfriend, she was doing nothing to cover up the lacey lingerie she had on. Rebecca's bountiful boobies looked like a couple of fluffy pillows bursting out of the skimpy top, which made it hard to focus on her face. "Then, he kissed her."

"WHA-AT?" Rebecca screamed loud enough to force both Bart and me back a step.

"Wait, was she blonde?" Bart scrunched his eyes and furrowed his pronounced brow. "Like Gwen Steffani, blonde? With really short hair?"

"Yes!" My jaw dropped. "How did you know?"

"Um, I think you saw Gray's little sister," Bart's eyes swelled as the information washed over me like an ice bucket being dumped on my head. "She dropped in and surprised him a couple of days ago, I guess. He said she was going through some pretty serious family stuff or something. I actually didn't even know he had a sister until last night! Crazy, huh?"

"It's true," Rebecca got my attention. "Gray told us that she's a senior at Eastern Washington and that they haven't talked for, like, years, but she needed his help with something personal. He showed us a picture of her. She's a cutie pie."

My heart sank into my already churning stomach acids to slowly dissolve.

Yes, Gray was a good big brother for dropping everything to help his little sister, but he didn't need to cut me out of his life to do. He could have called to let me know that he was dealing with some family-related issues.