III

"Hey,everything alright,Ginny?", Hermione asked as she sat down on the towel next to her. The whole group decided to spend the day at a near by beach as the sun was shining bright and the weather had been really nice. Hermione had an eye on Ginny,because she sensed something might be wrong.

"Ginny?",she repeated softly.

"What?",Ginny snapped out of her mind,sitting up a bit straighter.

"I asked you,if everything is alright",Hermione frowned,"You just seemed really different the last few weeks"

Ginnys eyes widened,avoiding eye contact with her best friend. Well,now Hermione knew for sure that Ginny hasn't told her something,that seemed to be awful. Though she never wanted to pressure anyone to tell her anything,something told her to keep asking. It wasn't the nicest feeling to know there was a secret between her and her friend. Maybe the whole you-can-always-tell-me-anything thing did not apply for everything.

"Don't lie to me. I know you are not telling the truth."

Ginnyturned around as if she was checking that nobody would hear what evershe was about to say. Hopefully say,Hermione thinks.

"Youknow..",she leaned further to Hermione,"it wasn't an easydecision but I really think this could make me happy again."

Giving her a confused look,Hermione tried to figure out what the girl infront of her had just whispered. Making her happy again? What wasthat about? She knew that Harry and Ginny never had the easiestrelationship,but there never was a sign that she wasn't happyanymore. Was this all about Harry? Hermione felt her heart sink and face drop.

"What are you talking about,Ginny?",she asked hesitant,hoping her littleburning guess was far from the truth.

Ginny took a deep breath before steadily answering.

"I'm leaving London."

"What?You're doing what?",Hermiones face was painted with shock. How did she keep this a secret? Or was it just something she kept from Hermione? Did the others know? They couldn't,at least not Ron. He could never keep such a big thing secret from his girlfriend,as well as the fact that Ginny would rather tell Draco Malfoy her plan,whom she had just met today,than her brother. They never really got along well,but the big breaking point were many lies and the bad situations they brought with them.

"Could you please be a little more quite!",the ginger frowned,turningaround to check if anyone had heard their conversation but they wereall fooling around in the water.

"I'm sorry,but you just confessed to me you are leaving London after I hadasked you multiple times what was wrong in the past weeks.",Hermion tried her very best to whisper but the burning feeling in her chest made it so hard to try and listen what Ginny had to say about this,"were you ever going to tell me?"

Ginny's head dropped with guilt. She wasn't. She fucking wasn't.

"So what,you were just going to leave like that?",her eyes were filled with anger but there was mostly hurt. How could she have done this? Not only to her best friend but also Harry,her boyfriend?

"No text,no call,no letter? Nothing? Just disappearing into the darknight?"

"I ever meant to do that!",she shot back offended,"I never planned it to happen like this!"

"Then what the fuck were planning to do?",Hermiones heart felt heavier with every second,her hands were shaking in disappointment,hurt and anger.

Herfriends eyes widened with shock. Never had Hermione yelled at Ginnybefore,never had she ever thrown such a word at her before. Ginny's mouth stood open,not knowing what to say. Some parts in Hermione hoped the others would notice their argument but the other part knewhow shattered Harry would be,once he found out what all of this was about. Ginny scooted a bit back from Hermione,trying to escape this situation. The situation that she had created,the one she had made so difficult. Both just wished the last few minutes had never happened,except that it just does not work that way.