16: A New Life

Four months later

My fingers brushed across the frame where it stored our family photo. Dad was smiling widely as he wrapped his arms around my graceful mom with her signature waterfall braid and pink ribbon. Hailee and I were hugging each other as it showed how closely-knitted we were back then.

I can't believe that everything has changed significantly and things were no longer the same anymore.

Dad was still dull and emotionless as ever, but at least he had made the effort to ask about my day. As for Hailee, since she was locked up in the asylum facility and receiving therapy, none of us could visit her until she had regained her senses.

While my mate, he had collaborated with Alpha George to create a direct path between both packs for easier access. Ever since then, it had been convenient for me to travel back and forth whenever I wanted to visit my old pack.

Trudging my way towards the familiar grave, I sat down and placed a bouquet of flowers on the tomb. "Mom, I have come to visit you." I smiled softly, reminiscing to her about my day and how great Lance had treated me despite the fact that I was diagnosed of infertility for the rest of my life.

The stabs had resulted in my body to be internally damaged and the doctor had mentioned that my chances of getting pregnant was nearly zero. The only option for us was to hire a surrogate mother or adopt a child.

Well, I did jokingly tease him once to get a mistress to give him an heir, but he turned out to be so furious about it.

I will only love you and no one else, love. A ghostly smile appeared on my lips as I remember what he had promised me and eventually, he had continued to stay faithful to me until today.

An arm wrapped around my waist and I instantly knew who it was from the tingles I received all over my body. My wolf was cheering in delight at our mate's touch while I snuggled in his embrace automatically.

"Mom." He greeted, his eyes shifting over to me as he kissed my temple tenderly. "What did you talk to mom about today?" He asked me, his head resting against mine as we sat peacefully by my mom's grave.

"I told her about how I suggested you to have a mistress to give you a pup, but you were so angry about it." There was a slight tease in my tone as a low growl emitted from the back of his throat.

He tipped my chin to face him as he grumbled, "You know I don't like it when you mention this everytime, love. I will only love you and no one else."

I chuckled lightly, "I know, I just wanted to get a reaction out of you and it works everytime."

He sighed, pinching my cheek softly, "Say that again and I will ignore you for life." I pulled away from his embrace and taunted him, "Fine, I will find Lily to entertain me for life then."

Immediately, his eyes widened as he shook his head at the thought, "No way, she will whisk you away and won't return you back to me until many years later."

I laughed at his deadpanned look on his face as he was more afraid of his beloved sister stealing me away from him most of the time which resulted in us to barely have time together in his pack.

Lily was like a little sister to me who always stuck to me like a glue, we were inseparable ever since I had moved into her pack. She had taken up most of my time that it made my mate jealous that he couldn't spend time with me with his sister around.

Basically, Lance became the unwilling third-wheeler most of the time. It was only when Lily's best friends asked her out did we get to spend some couple time together.

"Hasley!" He groaned at the voice as we both knew very well who it belonged to. He rubbed his face with an annoyed look resting on his gorgeous face, "Here we go again."

I turned around and noticed her with another presence. Their fingers were intertwined and I was so shocked to see her with another man from my old pack.

"What's going on?" Lance snapped as he scrutinised the man who was cowering slightly at his domineering tone. I held onto him with a bored look on my face as I silently calmed him down.

Despite he was always worried about Lily stealing me away from him most of the time, he was still the same, old protective older brother who would get so uptight whenever he saw his little sister getting too close to a man.

I had seen so much in his pack that it slowly became something I got used to it. It was nothing new anyway.

As always, Lily would argue back with frustration, "He's my mate, brother! You can't make him stay away from me like how you always do!"

And, she would never fail to look for me for help, I winked at her in reassurance as I clamped my palms over my mate's hand. "Alright, love. Let the lovebirds be on their own little bubble and not disturb them. You can have all the time to question the poor boy back in the pack later."

He calmed down slightly after I spoke to him, his eyes shifting back to me as he nodded reluctantly. "With that being said, you better not lay your hands on my little sister, otherwise you will suffer from my wrath, you hear me?"

"Yes, Alpha." He responded almost instantly like a soldier while Lily was pouting slightly at the tone he had used on her mate. She was probably upset by the way he treated him.

"Come on, Lily. Go spend some time with your mate, we will talk about it tonight, alright?" I gave her a knowing look as she smirked as if knowing what I was up to.

With that, she pulled her mate along with her and disappeared from our sight.

"Ah, finally, I could finally get rid of my little sister and spend even more time with you now that she has found her mate." He blurted out so suddenly that it shocked me.

My eyes widened as realisation hit me hard, "Wait, you were just acting in front them?"

His lips twitched into a smirk, "If not how else would I be able to maintain my Alpha reputation? I'm actually glad that the little brat has finally found her mate and could give us some peace now."

"You are so mean." I pointed at him playfully while he pulled me towards him and leaned in. He kissed my lips as my heart skipped a beat before I deepened back and pressed mine against his.

It felt right being in his arms, we fitted each other perfectly.

I love you, Lance.

The End

X

Like | Comment | Share

A/N _ Thank you all for supporting this book! Loads of love <3

17 Feb'21