09: A Choice

A/N _ Apologies for the lack of updates, been really, really busy with a lot of stuffs for the past 5 months. Here's an update, enjoy~

As if on instinct, I hurriedly walked back to my room, leaving him alone in the living room.

I needed a second to calm my thoughts.

He just acknowledged me as his mate in front of my blood sister and everyone who were in the living room in that moment.

By tomorrow, everyone will know about it and there will be loads of gossips spreading around like a wildfire.

Four months ago, after the incident which had me demoted, I became a popular gossip among the pack members.

In their eyes, all I could see were pitiful eyes and judging stares whenever my presence is made.

It has only been a couple of months when the gossips died down and the looks and stares thrown in my way has toned down.

And now, everyone is going to look at me the same way again which I hated to the core.

Can things get any better?

"Isn't that a good thing? No one will bully you anymore. You are the Alpha's mate now." My wolf interrupted my thoughts with a giggle, still in her fangirl mode.

"The way he step in to save you is like saving a damsel in distress~"

That damsel will never be me, Evie. There's no happily ever after in my chapter.

"Why do you keep shutting everyone out, Hasley? Can't you see that our mate loves us?"

I wish I can witness that, but I don't plan to give my heart out and let them shatter me once again.

I cut off the mind-link and sighed, standing in the middle of my room. I took in a deep breath, trying to recollect my thoughts.

"Hasley?" A voice I have memorised in my head by now rang in my ears.

"What?" I snapped, obviously not in a mood for a conversation at the moment.

"You are angry." He pointed it out like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You shouldn't have saved me."

"Why? Is it wrong to save my mate when someone is deliberately insulting you in front of everyone?" His tone sounded furious this time.

Without turning around, fearful that I would let myself crumble in front of him, I closed my eyes tightly instead.

"You are just going to make things worse, Alpha. You have absolutely no idea how your words have impacted my life here from now on." I whispered the last sentence, my tone dull and emotionless.

"Then, come with me."

My eyes fluttered open upon his words. It was a choice.

Away from this pack who treated me like a slave.

Away from my blood sister who came to me everytime to take the blame for her, who framed and betrayed me and tried to kill me.

Away from my father who never once tried to acknowledge me after the incident..

Is there a chance that I might start a new life in his pack? No longer an Omega, no longer Hasley Advill but a brand new person with a new life..

I clenched my fists tightly at the opportunity, afraid that if I accepted it, I might regret my decision.

What if they weren't as accepting as I thought? What if they found out about my past and continued to judge me and try to ruin me?

He seem to take my silence as a cue for him to continue. "I know you have been living an unhappy life here, I can see from the way how everyone in this pack treates you. Why don't you leave with me and start afresh?"

"What if I said no?" I blurted out, knowing that it would be a huge mistake to challenge an Alpha.

Not to mention the fact that he's my mate and my actions would probably lead to a rejection from him.

I felt a pull as he turned me around to face him, his gaze hardened as he stared down at me.

"Are you serious in rejecting me, Hasley? If you don't come with me, we won't have a future we would envision as mates."

He didn't sound threatening, he sounded more like reasoning with me so I would think of my actions twice.

Why isn't he like any other Alphas I have heard, forcing their mates to go back with them to their packs?

"Why aren't you forcing me to go with you? Wouldn't all the males do that when they find their mates?" My brows creased deeply as I couldn't help but ponder.

"I'm not like the big bad Alphas who kidnaps their mates away from their pack. I'm giving you a choice to come with me." He paused, wetting his lips in a way it made him look nervous.

Do I make him nervous?

"If you choose not to, then we will have to cut off all ties. I'm not going to force you to come with me, Hasley." His eyes softened upon mentioning my name.

Those eyes felt like I was looking into my mother's pair of gorgeous eyes. It was always filled with love and passion, there was nothing negative in them.

I hastily looked away, unable to look into his eyes any longer as it reminded me of my mother.

The painful memory of losing my mom and everything in my life starts to crumble afterwards hit me hard.

"Alpha, please leave." I can't help but to go back to my cold demeanor, pushing him away in an instant.

"Did I do something wrong?" I shook my head in response, taking in a deep breath once more to stop myself from losing it and break down.

Not in front of him.

"Please leave." I repeated again, my jaws tightened as I stared at him in the eye.

All I found was hurt and confusion in them as we continued to stare at each other.

X

Like | Comment | Share

18 Nov'18