Chapter Five

O C E A N

I sat in my chair waiting for the bell to ring but a specific person popped into my head, King. I realized I never asked her if my mom had insulted her again or the fact that I spilled her secret to her uncle. Fuck, I messed up what if she got into trouble because of me, was she mad? I quickly took out my phone from my pocket making my way to message Noah.

Usually she replied quickly, was she busy? I’m probably being annoying.

The expectation of the grim things occurring,  filled my brain which made me significantly anxious. I tried to calm myself and used the trick of counting to fourteen. I exhaled and inhaled as I started to count but before I knew it my time of peace and quiet was over.

The class was soon stuffed with bothersome students, making me lose faith in humanity even more.
Loud fits of laughter and slurs coming from behind me filled my eardrums. I tried to bite my tongue and just ignore the grade-A golden boys of the our school.

Mr Jacobs walked into the zoo, clutching his worn out briefcase in one hand and a heap of papers in the other. Before I  could say anything to the assholes sitting behind me, I looked up to see Mr Jacobs' pitiful expression. The poor teacher made no difference in the way the students behaved, in  fact they could be less bothered by his presence until they walked in.

The class fell silent

Almost immediately I recognized him, the attractive douche I met in the hallway followed by a slightly shorter but also handsome guy. Mr Jacobs looked like a baby compared to the guys, he attempted at introducing them, “Students, listen up, this is Jordan Laurier,” His curly hair fell forward as he glided his eyes over the rooster, “And this is W-"

The tall boy scratched below his rosette coloured lip and it fleetly dawned on me that he was scraping the bruise I caused. It wasn’t noticeable to the naked eye, you had to have been there when I gave it to him. It appeared that he was not going to let our little altercation out the bag.

He harshly interrupted my favourite teacher. “My name is Slater Romano I would appreciate it if it’s said correctly.” The curly haired teenager huffed blankly. I shivered a little.

The charming pair made their way past me, straight to the jackass table and I could feel his eyes burning holes into my uniform as I seek not to make eye contact.

Mr Jacob excused himself from class, stepping outside for a phone call. I heard a familiar voice taunting my name spewing insults at me yet again, “Ocey, aren’t you happy here are two new guys for you to whore around with?”

I rolled my eyes and answered in the calmest way I could manage, “Nicky if you don’t shut the fuck, I’ll cut off your micro sized dick and feed it to you.”

I grinned so widely that my cheeks
ached, but my victory was short lived, because suddenly Slater snickered in a surprised voice, “Ohh, looks like the fa*** can speak.”