Chapter Fourteen

We don't meet people by accident, they cross our path for a reason

                                                                         We don't meet people by accident, they cross our path for a reason. Or you just go on living without ever meeting them.

"Noah wake up! You have to get ready for school!" One extremely broad authoritative voice called out from our kitchen. Going to school was the least of my worries. 

But little did Uncle Sam know, I've been up and going for about an hour, I spent most of that hour calling my best friend, but to no avail.

I didn't say anything; instead my eyes scanned my somewhat formal wear in the body sized mirror.

Azra's voice returned at the back of my mind, you should come to school on Monday... it's important.

More important than a lawyer being available first thing Monday morning. This Monday morning? I think not. 

Whatever Azra wanted to tell me, could wait. It's not like I can just flat out tell her that I'm being accused of being a pedophile. Especially after I made it seem like she was one.

I grabbed my backpack from my bed and headed to the kitchen. Eggs, bacon and mushrooms swirled into the air as I sat down at the table, my mouth watering.

"It smells amazing in here, is someone special coming around?" I teased with a soft smile while tucking my curls behind my ear.

Uncle Sam slid a wonderful omelette onto my plate and shook his head. "Can I make a tasty breakfast for my niece without being accused of alternative motives?" He grinned. "In any case, he had school."

A frown made its way onto a confused expression, "School? You're not dating a student are you?"

My uncle looked at me with disgust; he even stopped flipping the bacon strips, just to glare at me. "Don't be silly Noah! No, he's a teacher. You're disgusting."

I pretended to be apologetic at the comment which made him weary. "What's his surname?"

"Jacobs, why?"

The surname was bleak to me. It had no significant meaning other than being just that. "Nothing."

Uncle Sam placed the last bits of mushroom and bacon into my plate, then did the same to his and finally took a seat across from me. He stabbed the bacon with his fork and brought it to his mouth, "Speaking of others, when do I get to meet your someone special?"

My eyes found their way to the plate. "What makes you think there is someone special Uncle Sam?"

"Oh come on." He rolled his eyes, unamused. "The coming home late, barely focusing on school, trust me Noah, the walls are thin, I can hear you and Wave talking."

I raised my eyebrows, "first of all that's really creepy Samuel, do you have no shame? Or maybe I'm just dumb." We started chuckling. "And it's Ocean, why are you calling him Wave?"