sleepy ranboo finds some notes

(3rd person)

Night had fallen upon the land and everyone was asleep and at home, except for one lanky half-enderman. He had started a habit of intricate sleepwalking recently. Where he would walk out of bed at precisely midnight, once the thing controlling his sleepful body knew everyone else was asleep. He was conscious, but not exactly in the same way he was during the day. It was as if he was a different person at night, remembering everything that happened the night before, but never what happened during the day. And vice versa.

Ranboo sprung out of bed, throwing the warm covers off of himself. Picking up his bare feet to the chest closest to his door. This chest was designated for junk blocks etc to daytime™ Ranboo, but to nightime™ Ranboo, it was something much more important. The mining tools needed to break Dream out of prison. He wasn't quite sure why he was doing it, all he knew is it felt right, as if this was his purpose.

Dream was his friend during the night, they were close. Closer than anyone else within the bounds of their realm, who wouldn't help their closest friend escape prison?

The half enderman grabbed his newest pickaxe he had crafted the night before, and slipped on his shoes, and headed into the darkness of the SMP. He made sure to be quiet while he traveled, almost floating on his feet, as to not wake Technoblade and Philza in the house next door. He had no armor on, just two pickaxes and an invisibility potion just in case. He had gone a solid two months without being caught, but he was too scared to risk it even in the slightest.

His black leather boots crunched under his weight as he ventured towards the coast, where Pandora's Vault lay. He sang to himself while he did so, singing one of the earlier versions of a national anthem wanting to be forgotten. Although no one could forget it.

The snow from Articlands slowly died down as the lanky man entered another biome, the one which separated his home and his nighttime hobby. Walking further and breathing harder from the speed walking he was now doing. The glowing eyes of Ranboo eventually picked up the large brooding building built in the middle of the lake.

"Finally," he huffed under his breath. "Let's get to work Dream." He finished his journey and placed a boat in the lake. Once he had entered it, he rowed it, just like he did every night around the backside of the prison to where there was an unnoticed two-block hole.

Meanwhile, inside of the strong brick walls, there lay only one of the two prisoners who did not know what the person sneaking into the prison was doing. Y/n laid there, sleeping soundly, tired from a day of guard chaperoned physical activity. She had been writing before she went to bed, her response to the other prisoner in the Vault, who she had just learned names was Dream.

Her letter to him was talking about how long she had been in the prison and also if he had heard the slight banging on the outside of the prison on some nights. He had responded with;

I have been hearing that, I think it's a contact of mine I made before prison. They could be coming to warn me or...something else. I'm not sure. As for your sentence, I bet you'll be out of here soon. The land outside here is different, yes, but they are looking for new "charity cases" to add to their armies every day. They're bound to find out someone else is being locked up here for an unknown reason and let you out. Just promise me if you join them, don't let them treat you less than them. I let them do that to me and my power, and look where it got me. Stand your ground and be strong is all I ask.

If for some reason you see my contact, visiting, or just wandering around the prison, write me.

Till then,

Dream

Bo, being curious and a little more trusting to her knew prison mate now that he had used his name, replied with;

Dream,

Thank you for providing me with your name, it was getting boring calling you "the other prisoner" in my head.

I'm worried it is not your contact, and another guard they've hired, because how would anyone outside of the guards know how this prison works? Plus, if they were to break through it, wouldn't the warden notice? There's another question, how does Warden Sam treat you? He is pretty cold to me, but on occasion shows kindness. I think he's been through things though, he won't let me hum certain songs, like the national anthem of L'manburg. What do you think?

Anyway, I hope I get to leave here soon too. I'm sure you'll get released soon, especially if you are innocent. I will make sure to be on top, I won't let anyone boss me around or get in my way. If anything, I'm sticking to my original plan of life and living alone in a forest. Before, I lived in a crowded orphanage home. Where did you live before this? And where do you want to live after?

Until your next letter finds me,

Y/n

The girl had left it in a different place this time, in one of the conjoining hallways, stuck to the back of a sign. She knew Dream would find it eventually, so she didn't worry about it getting lost or anything of that sort. What she did not expect was the half enderman under the name Ranboo, to stumble sleepily through hallways, as he had been doing the past week, only to bump into the sign she had hidden it in.

Ranboo's body was a bit less controlled at night because he was tired and not in his normal state of mind. So, he tended to sway or trip when he walked during the cold hours of nighttime. He tripped over his own left foot which sent his body crashing into a sign that had been posted to the wall.

The sign read

Start Entrance to MSC

Unfortunately, Ranboo's sleep drunk brain didn't understand that this sign was giving him directions to the Maximum Security Cell, and so he just fell on it. Causing it to shake, pushing the thin piece of ripped notebook paper to fly out from behind it and softly to the floor.

He stabilized himself and rubbed his eyes, looking down at what had just fallen. He reached his black and grey spotted hand down to scoop up the paper. His multi-colored eyes adjusted and shifted around the page, reading carefully.

Shit He thought, shit shit shit

He knew this meant he and Dream were not alone in this god-forsaken prison. There was another prisoner. Now he knew that someone else had heard him trying to enter the prison.

He had to be the most careful his sleep stricken body could be.

The black and white man made his way down the hallway, thinking about the items he had on him, counting the stacks of netherite bricks to calm his nerves. Whilst not paying attention, his head almost slammed into the next security door that presented itself. A small groan of annoyance left the half endermans mouth, taking out a lever from his inventory.

Didn't he just say he was going to be more careful?

He handled the lever with care, afraid that even the tiniest mistake would cause his whole plan to backfire. His conscious told him where to place, on what block, and at what angle. He placed it, and took a hold of the switch, flipping it. The large iron blocks began to retract in front of his eyes.

anyone remember what sam calls dreams cell in the streams? I'm lazy ugh also i know that ponk (thank u to the user that commented)found a hole in the top of the prison but this is my story lmao, another note: are these chapters too long/slow paced? tell me if I should split them up a little more my writing has been wack recently :)

any feedback or suggestions are welcome!