lol ur in love

Alternate title: short n sweet

It's been two months since Y/n has moved into the snowy Arctic compound. 

Everything is going great. 

Y/n has made amazing bonds with Ranboos two other friends, Tommy and Tubbo. She helps Tommy with fun adventures and picking flowers, and Tubbo with building impressive buildings and testing nuclear weapons.

She's also grown quite close to Techno and Phil, becoming one of their favorite rag-tag orphans that they've met throughout their lifetimes. Y/n is often found helping out in the potato farm with Techno or training with Phil.

Although, she fits right in where she is and yet she feels like she couldn't stand out more. 

The fact that she is a runaway prisoner is a thought that travels through her mind every night before sleep. As well as every time she hears a strange noise outside her house. And every morning the stress of the day ending with her going back to Pandora's Vault frightens her awake. Y/n is scared of Pandora's and scared of being discovered. 

But she knows also, deep down, that nothing is going to happen. She knows that the people she has managed to surround herself with would stop at nothing to keep her safe and out of Pandora's Vault.

And one of those people she cannot stop thinking about.

--

Funny thing is, that same person can't stop thinking about Y/n.

It's the middle of the night and Ranboo is completely wide awake. He just can't shake the thoughts of Y/n out of his head. Every little thing that happens makes him think of her. A simple leaf on the ground makes him think that she would like it. A joke Tommy makes while they are arguing over wheat reminds him of something Y/n would say. It's always you and it's always on his mind.

He can't get over it. He's tried. He's tried not talking to you for days at a time. Tried convincing himself that there is nothing to like about you. Tried everything he could think of and nothing ever works.

Because in the end, Y/n is always Y/n. A perfectly unique and stunning person who never ceases to make Ranboo feel like a million bucks.

Y/n just always knows how to make Ranboo feel...well, in love.

The enderman sits up straight, the covers fly off his torso in reaction. "Shit," he whispers to no one and everyone.

"Shit! I'm in love with Y/n!" Yes we know, we've been over this. 

"I need to tell her!" Finally!

Ranboo didn't know if it was pure adrenaline or just plain stupidity but this was his plan. It was simple and to the point, as all plans should be.

His heart was beating fast as he flung his red covers off of him and pressed his feet onto the cold wood of his house. He stood up and speed walked to the door. The door seemed to open not fast enough as the enderman swung it open and dashed outside. 

Wearing no shoes, he greeted the damp grass under his feet as he ran.

He ran through the field that opened up to the small lake, running as fast as he could along the cold ground. He began to recognize the trees as he came to the entrance of the forest which contained his friends' house. Ranboo looked up to the tall oaks and asked them for good luck before heading into the forest.

The boy ran and ran, taking the small paths the h/c haired girl and he had made just weeks before to ensure no one got lost amongst the thick trees. The leaves and dirt tickled his bare feet but he still kept running, unbothered by the nature surrounding him. He finally arrived at the familiar clearing.

The grass shone its deep green as the moonlight from above hit it. The house in the middle of the clearing looked comfortable and warm, the only sign of life coming from it was the smoke rising out of the chimney.

Ranboo approached the oak door and knocked, adrenaline still coursing through his veins. Surprisingly, the door opened rather quickly to reveal a pajama clad Y/n.

A smile spread across her face as she recognized her enderman bestie.

"Hey, dude what's up? It's really late, is everything alright?" She gestured for him to come inside and then closed the door behind him.

Out of breath, Ranboo responded, "Ye-ah, everything's okay..." He stopped talking and allowed himself to catch his breath.

"I'm alright I just needed to talk to you."

Y/n looked at her friend with a concerned expression as they stood in her small kitchen.

"You can talk to me about anything, what's up?"

Suddenly, Ranboo's adrenaline wore off and he realized he was standing in front of the most good-looking girl he'd ever met in the middle of the night and was somehow supposed to tell her he loved her.

"Sh-shit, umm..." Ranboo's eyes ran over her face and the room around them attempting to find something to focus on. Y/n stood there, still confused and concerned.

"Look I don't know how to say this but-uh...shit!"

"Ranboo just say it! It's okay!" Y/n's heart had started to beat fast, feeling like she knew what was coming but not wanting to get her hopes up.

"Ok, ok, well...I-I..." Ranboo looked down and played with his shirt nervously.

"Ranboo." Y/n caught his attention and he shot his head to meet with her eyes. "Can I kiss you?"

He let out a long shaky breath and a small "yes" before Y/n grabbed her friend's shoulders and brought him to her lips. Their lips met in the middle and fit with one another perfectly.

When people say sparks fly when this stuff happens, sparks for sure flew.

Ranboo brought his hands to her hip and the side of her face. The warmth of his hands made Y/n smile into the kiss. Everything was bliss from the moment their lips touched and to every moment after.

Soon, they pulled away and they both broke out into wide happy grins.

"I-i wanted to say that I love you." Ranboo said with complete and total undisputed honesty.

"And I wanted to say that I love you too." You replied with the same amount of love and authenticity.