18 August | 7:27 pm

The streetlamp flickered with the wind, illuminating a narrow passage as the cool, night breeze caressed Taehyun's cheek.

It has been a long, tiring, first day at university for him as he longed for the warmth of his bed. An aching pain started to penetrate Taehyun's stomach, suddenly remembering that he had forgotten to take his lunch earlier, picking up the pace, he headed towards his apartment, deciding to cook a simple meal of noodles for dinner.

Hearing a buzz coming from his pocket, he reached for his phone which displayed a message sent by Yeonjun -who was one of his close friends from high school.

Yeonjun: Hey, do you want to meet up at my place tomorrow at 7 pm for dinner? I'm inviting the others as well- you know, just for a quick get together to fill each other in on how college has been so far.

Taehyun quickly replied with a "sure" before storing his phone back inside his pocket as he ran back inside his apartment.

➽─❥

Turning the doorknob, Taehyun stepped inside his house, attempting to switch the lights on before realising that they didn't work. The room was dimly lit by the faint lights coming from outside of his living room window as Taehyun tried to switch the lights on again. Nothing happened.

There couldn't have been a power cut in the apartment, the lights outside were working just fine, Taehyun thought to himself as he tried to rationalise the situation.

Just as he was about to ring for an electrician, he heard the creaks of a door coming from ahead of him, followed by a series of footsteps... approaching him slowly as ominous foot taps echoed through the room.

"W-Whos there!" Taehyun spluttered, suddenly feeling alarmed as he froze for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. He heard nothing but silence.

His chest fell up and down rapidly as the footsteps grew louder. Taehyun fiddled with his phone feverishly as switched his torchlight application on—the mysterious person was only getting closer to him by the second.

With a trembling hand, Taehyun shined his light in front of him, now clearly illuminating the figure of a dark, hooded figure.

It was nearly impossible to make out his facial features as every inch of his body had been masked up—except for those menacing eyes, glowing back at him. But what caught Taehyun's eye immediately was the thing the mysterious person was holding in his hand which glinted brightly under the light.

Nerves punctured his stomach.

Before he even got the chance to scream for help, he felt a knife jabbing straight into his chest- he only managed to usher out a soft cry.

Blood flowed everywhere, as Taehyun looked up, his gaze locked upon the eyes of his attacker that were glistening with satisfaction.

He took his last breath before falling cold to the ground.