19 August | 2:06 pm

It was 2:06 pm on a Saturday as Mrs Kang walked towards her son's apartment, carrying a bag of side dishes. Arriving at the apartment's entrance, she made her way towards the 15th floor, departing from the lift before reaching Taehyun's house unit.

"Taehyun!" She called out, giving a knock on the door. She stood there for a couple of seconds without hearing any response from inside of the house.

Perhaps he's outside, she thought. Punching in the password on the digital lock, she entered the house before letting out a shriek at the sight of her son, dead on the floor with a pool of crimson blood surrounding his lifeless body.

"TAEHYUN!" She cried, collapsing onto her knees as she scrambled towards her son's body. Reaching for his hand which was cold to the touch. She rummaged through her bag hastily, reaching for her phone as she rang for the police.

Moments later, a series of sirens were heard from outside of the apartment as a group of police officers arrived at the scene of the crime. They acted quickly; some of them began placing Taehyun's lifeless body onto a stretcher, while the others quickly searched the scene.

"Excuse me," one of them spoke, approaching the shaken lady. "My name is Officer park, if I'm not mistaken, you were the one who called us?" He asked Mrs Kang who replied with a trembling nod.

"Please follow us to the police station, because you are the first person who arrived at the scene, we'll need to hear what you have to say," he continued. Mrs Kang, who was white in the face, weakly got onto her feet as she followed them outside of the building.

➽──❥

Reaching the police station, Mrs Kang followed them inside before she was asked to wait outside of the interrogation room for a few minutes. Moments later, Officer Park came walking towards Mrs Kang as he gestured her to follow him inside. Taking their seats, he began to flip through some documents as the interrogation commenced.

"Mrs Kang, I presume you're the parent and guardian of the late Kang Taehyun, am I right?" He asked. Mrs Kang replied with a nod.

"May I know where were you the night before?" He continued to ask. Mrs Kang proceeded to fill him in on how she was taking the night shift at her workplace that day, giving him her business card as well.

"Very well, may I know the exact time you arrived at your son's apartment?"

"If I'm not mistaken, it was around 2:10 in the afternoon," she said. The police officer next to Officer Park searched through the CCTV footage of Taehyun's apartment that afternoon on his computer, which displayed that Mrs Kang had indeed arrived at around 2:10. He gave Officer Park a nod, beckoning him to resume the questioning.

"This may be a shock to you, but this letter had been found at the scene of the crime," said the officers as he passed her a written piece of paper. Mrs Kang's eyes welled with tears as she read the letter, placing a hand over her mouth, fighting the strong urge to cry at that very moment.

"I d-didn't know he had to go through all that..." She spoke, her voice trembling slightly, "Oh, my poor boy- if only I had spent more time with him, maybe -hic- he wouldn't have gone through so much pain," she said, tears falling onto her dress.

"I know this may be a shock to you, but what we believe is that Taehyun did not committed suicide," Officer Park spoke with a raised eyebrow. Mrs Kang lifted her head.

"We very well believe that Taehyun has been murdered," he spoke. Mrs Kang didn't know if the news would've been any more comforting to hear as she sat there, lost for words.

"M-murdered?" She repeated, her voice shaking in disbelief.

"We believe that Taehyun had not written that letter at all- and that this was a murder covered up as a suicide," Officer Park continued. "Firstly, the victim's sleeves were spotless. If someone has been stabbed, the first thing they would do would be to, naturally, grip onto that area as it is painful. As you can see, his sleeves were completely untainted," He said, showing her pictures of the clothes Taehyun wore through the computer screen.

"Second of all, someone had entered his house that night," Officer Park spoke as he presented a video clip recorded by the CCTV cameras that night; it displayed a hooded figure who was covered in black from head to toe. Covering her mouth in shock, she held back the urge to scream as she watched the mysterious person entering and leaving Taehyun's apartment.

"Mrs Kang, aside from yourself, is there anyone else who knows the password to Taehyun's house?" He inquired.

"His four other friends. Choi Soobin, Choi Yeonjun, Choi Beomgyu, and Kai Kamal Huening,"

"Would you mind describing their height a little bit?"

"They are all extremely tallboys, around 6 feet I'd say," she continued. "But I doubt it would be one of them who would even have the heart to murder their own friend-"

"That's what we thought so too, but based on this video clip alone, it is confirmed that the perpetrator is exceptionally tall- presumably around 6 feet- matching your description of his friends' height perfectly," Officer Park spoke. Sitting there with her eyes wide open, Mrs Kang didn't know how to respond to the news.

"That is all for today. Thank you for the information, you may leave the interrogation room now," He said as he got up from his seat.

"Please, keep me updated on the case," Mrs Kang pleaded.

"We will," reassured Officer Park. Mrs Kang quickly bowed down before leaving the room.