19 August | 8:15 pm

As Soobin was the last person to go, everyone showered him with reassurance, telling him that it isn't as scary as they'd anticipated it to be (except for Beomgyu, who has yet to return to his normally cheerful self). Officer Park finally called Soobin as he got up from his seat.

"Good evening, Soobin," he welcomed the latter, who returned the greeting.

"You had a hangout the other day with the others, could you tell us more about it?" Officer Park inquired.

"Well, since Yeonjun had already told you about it, then I assume that my part wouldn't be too important now would it?" Soobin replied with a laugh. Officer Park raised an eyebrow.

"We need to hear from your side of the story too," spoke the officer firmly.

"Alright, alright," Soobin sighed, readjusting himself in his seat. "So we went to a bar downtown, nothing out of the ordinary—just like all of our other hangouts."

"Could you tell me what happened after that?"

"We went to Taehyun's," Soobin replied.

"Did anything happen over there?" Officer Park asked.

"We just chilled there, as I said, nothing out of the ordinary happened that day," Soobin shrugged

"And what about the drink you handed to each of them?"

"Ah, that," Soobin answered. "I heard milk is good for the stomach after consuming a lot of alcohol,"

"Almond milk? When you knew Taehyun was allergic to them?" He spoke, his gaze fixed upon Soobin's face as he anticipated a reply.

"I must've read the label wrongly—"

"Do you think," Officer Park interrupted, cutting Soobin off his sentence, "It would make sense if a person who is allergic to nuts, would casually have a carton of almond milk lying around in their house?"

"I gave them all a glass of ordinary milk, nothing else," Soobin replied calmly.

Officer Park raised an eyebrow but said nothing, feeling as if continuing the interrogation session wouldn't give him the answer he needed.

"I see, very well then," he said, exasperated, "You may go now."

Soobin quickly got up from his seat as he headed towards the door, the others immediately getting up as well as soon as Soobin walked out of the room.

"That was fast," Hueningkai noted.

"Well, they didn't ask me much," Soobin replied with a shrug.

"You all may leave now since the interrogation session is over, we will keep you updated once we find more information," Spoke the supervisor, the four quickly exchanged goodbyes before leaving the station with uneasy feelings.

➽──❥

"That Soobin kid," said Officer Park, "I don't have a good feeling about him."

"What makes you say that?" The other officer asked.

"First of all, his answers were indirect and short. Not giving too many details on the event as well is just one reason I placed my suspicions on him. Did you notice his body language? How he kept tilting his head to one side and fidgeting with the bracelet he was wearing? Sometimes, Officer Jung, their body language speaks louder than their words," he explained.

"Ah, yes, the almond milk. It still doesn't seem right for Taehyun who is allergic to almonds –relating to the background search we did earlier– to keep a carton of almond milk in his fridge," Officer Park continued.

"Then why didn't you question him further?' Asked Officer Jung.

"That kid, he may be a mere 18-year-old, but he's definitely smarter than one. No fingerprints or hair strands were found at the scene of the crime, he even managed to avoid getting captured by the CCTV cameras. I expected him to confess everything when I brought up the almond milk topic, but to my surprise, he didn't. Soobin is much smarter and persistent than we think he is."

"And what about the milk? There's no possible way Taehyun would keep a carton of almond milk in his house if he's allergic to them—"

"Precisely," spoke Officer Park with the snap of his fingers. "Here's where my guess of Soobin actually attempting to poison Taehyun that night comes in, obviously failing to do so, Soobin murdered him the following night."

"So you mean to say... Soobin attempted to poison Taehyun with cyanide?" Officer Jung said with his eyes wide open.

"My thoughts exactly," muttered Officer Park.

"I suspected him too, but we can't accuse someone based on our instincts—"

"I know, I know," said Officer Park, heaving a heavy sigh. "But if my assumption is right, then the answer will be revealed to us later tonight," he finished with a triumphant grin on his face.