19 August | 8:06 pm

Beomgyu walked out of the room, looking much paler in the face than he did before entering it, Officer Park then called for Hueningkai to come inside as the others reassured him that it was going to be fine.

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun mouthed to Beomgyu, who was looking a little shaken ever since he had walked out of the interrogation room.

He mouthed a "yeah" back before staring blankly at the wall across his seat. Among the four, Beomgyu didn't handle the news of Taehyun's death the best, especially after knowing the latter for half of his life since they were little. Stifling his cries, Beomgyu pinched his arm in an attempt to distract himself from the wave of emotions that were slowly filling up like a bottle inside of him.

"Don't!" Said Yeonjun, who quickly picked up on what Beomgyu was doing. "I know it isn't easy, but we have to stay strong—for Taehyun," he spoke. The sound of his name made Beomgyu winced a little, but he mustered the courage to reply with a firm nod.

➽──❥

"Hueningkai," spoke Officer Park, "could you tell us a little bit about the hangout you guys had the other day at the bar?"

The younger then began to explain everything he could remember that day in much detail as he could, matching Yeonjun's side of the story perfectly.

"Soobin then handed each of us a glass of milk from Taehyun's fridge—but Taehyun didn't accept the latter's drink. Perhaps he didn't feel like drinking milk to sober up," said Hueningkai.

"So Taehyun didn't drink the glass of milk Soobin handed him?" Asked Officer Park.

"Yes, truth is, the following day Taehyun and I met up at a cafe near both of our universities. He then told me how he could smell the scent of bitter almonds coming from his milk—Taehyun's allergic to almonds, you see. So, I then told him how it must've been almond milk Soobin has given us, probably forgetting the fact that he was allergic to them," he replied.

"When did you leave the house?" Officer Park continued to ask.

"I'm not too sure, but I think it was around 11 pm? I left shortly after Yeonjun did," Hueningkai responded.

"Do you have any guesses on who the murderer could be?" The officer questioned.

"No," Hueningkai replied flatly. "I still doubt that any of us would dare to kill our own friend, so unless there's concrete evidence, I won't have any suspicions on any of us."

"I see," Officer Park muttered, scribbling down a few notes on his paper, "well, thank you for your honesty. That marks the end of our session. You may leave now."

Hueningkai got up from his seat as he left the room. Once he was out of sight, the detective next to Officer Park asked, "Do you have any suspicions on any of them yet?"

"I do," he replied almost immediately, "but we would have to interview him first before I can confirm any of my suspicions."