Parting

March 24th, 2018

Dad, Hikari, Atachi:

I've gon to find Emberleigh and. Mom. I left in hopes I'll be able to rescue them, and defeat the monster that may have captured them.

When I went to Emberleigh's house, the living room was all turned upside down. I was naturally confused and scared, but I just thought this was one of Emberleigh's tricks. But then her little sister told me something- she got kidnapped by a raven. You may think she was losing it, but it's actually very different than you might think.

I was hunting this morning, remember? And a few hours in, I saw this raven, too. It carried a carcass of a rabbit. At that time I thought it was nothing much, but now I think that raven is pretty strange- how strong could it be? This question increased once it attacked me. It left a scar on my left arm- I don't know how. It seemed dangerous. And according to Emberleigh's sister, it was a flurry of black before she disappeared. This creature... also has a name. The Raven of the Midnight Void....

This could've happened to Mom. Maybe you think I'm too hasty. Maybe you're worried about whether I'll survive. And of course I will- this is only a raven. But...this raven, I think, could also be the result of Ms. Forris and the others disappearing. It's too risky to let it stay. However, I have defeated many other things in my training in Lymius. This raven is no match for me. Do not worry, I'll be back very soon. Sooner than you can say "raven."

                                                                                                          -Shikaku Unami