Fighting

Shaaaapppppppp. The hole they went in closed behind them. Shikaku gulped in the darkness, but Okonai kept going.

She felt dozens of little black plants grabbing at her legs, but Shikaku shoved them off easily.

"CaaaaaaAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!"

Shikaku winced at how loud it was. Under these circumstances, she knew the raven wouldn't be far...

The two kept walking and walking, until suddenly they saw the raven through the darkness. The glimpse was fleeting, but Shikaku had the attachable light gear, so she checked again.

"Hey, Okonai, I think the raven is- GAAAAAAAH!!!!"

The raven flew at them with razor-quick speed and started jabbing its beak quickly at Shikaku. It felt like molten metal against her skin. Shikaku tried stabbing at it, but the chaos was too much, the raven was flapping its wings madly-

Okonai pounced onto the raven and started attacking. Distracted, the raven decided to switch targets, but it proved to be a bad choice. As Shikaku ran away and climbed onto a rock, Okonai pinned the raven to the ground for a few seconds, giving Shikaku ample time to shoot.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiii...thud.

It missed, as it hit the hard ground beside the raven. Okonai gave a reproachful look at Shikaku and the raven got out of the pinned position. Okonai ran at the raven, hissing and growling.

Alright, I can't shoot right now, it's too risky. I might hit Okonai, Shikaku reasoned in her head, trying to drown out her terror of missing another shot. I also shouldn't use the bowie knife to attack right now- it might be bad if I don't know my surroundings...

Shikaku looked around her with her light headgear. She noticed that there was a continuous line of high rocks that circled around the ravens' cage perimeter. She also saw how many black plants were there, and how large they were.

Wow- they are incredibly big....my gods....it would be game over if we got hit by one of these...

The black plants were much higher and thicker than Shikaku, as they twisted and thrashed around, trying to find a victim. Shikaku shook her head.

Not to mention the raven... it seems like its beak and claws are deadly weapons... if we let this continue, then it has the upper hand!

Shikaku leaped down to Okonai.

"We need to go back to the entrance! It's too risky here!"

Okonai and Shikaku ran back a little further to where the hole was. They weren't there yet, but Shikaku's hopes were confirmed- the raven was following them.

"Meow?" Okonai panted, looking confused.

"Trust me, this will work," Shikaku grunted. She flashed her bowie knife threateningly.

The raven hissed and ran at them.

Shikaku dodged, and shot one of her arrows at it. It hit the raven's leg, and it cawed painfully. It limped at them with menacing dark eyes.

"Rrrrrowwr!" Okonai leaped at the raven and started tackling it again.

"No, Okonai! Let's run over here!" Shikaku scooped up Okonai and ran back to the entrance. The plants were much smaller there, and the terrain was much easier to fight in.

Okonai looked around. "Meerow," he replied knowingly.

Shikaku readied her bow and arrow and Okonai positioned himself fiercely, ready for attack.