I shouldn't be trusted with this.

I sat in the kitchen, staring on into the living room. No one had woken up yet, and I didn't want to be the one that made them. So instead I sat sipping on an applesauce pouch. Canary sat beside me shoveling food into her mouth. 

"Are you sure you don't want some?" she asked. I shook my head. She glanced at me, not bothering to hide how she was frowning. "You really should eat something more than that. You didn't eat breakfast."

"I'll grab something later. The smell's making me nauseous." 

She nodded and went back to eating. Soon she finished and tossed the takeout container in the trash. She didn't give me a choice in getting up. She dragged me through the Cave, showing off the various rooms, including the plain bedroom I was being given to stay in. The pool of water in the hanger was enough to catch my eye. 

"That door leads out to the ocean. If you need to use the water for your healing, feel free to get some." 

I grinned. "I never told you guys this, but my healing actually does work better with salt water."

"Why wouldn't you tell us that?"

"Did you want me dumping a bunch of salt into a wound?" 

"Point taken."

After she finished the tour, Canary ruffled my hair and left. That left me sitting back in the kitchen, staring at the still sleeping Team. They looked so comfortable with each other, and here I was about to throw a wrench in that dynamic. Look at me, screwing things up once more.

Not that it was any surprise. I couldn't even do vigilantism right. And Mom is probably panicking because I still  haven't managed to work up the nerve to call her and say I basically got kidnapped by heroes. Gods know she'd hold another kidnapping over my head forever. I sighed and hit my head on the bar. I'm going to mess this up so badly.

Cloth slipped against cloth, and padded footsteps made their way towards me. I glanced up and stared at Kaldur as he grabbed a cup from a cabinet. Probably feeling my eyes on him, he looked at me and nodded. 

"Do you want something to drink?" he asked. I shook my head and rested it back on the counter. After he filled his cup at the sink, he sank onto the very same seat Canary had been on. The plastic bags rustled as Kaldur pulled out a container Canary had scribbled his name on. I really didn't know how she thought this wouldn't be evidence of her being a mom to them. "Have you eaten?"

"Applesauce."

"Is that all?"

"Canary already gets on my case about my eating habits, I don't need you to start," I said.

"She lectures me as well. Skipping meals is nothing I am not used to."  He shoved a forkful of rice into his mouth. His portion was noticeably bigger than what she had bought for everyone except Wally and Conner. Even mine was smaller, and Canary had seen how much I can eat when I'm hungry. "The others will probably awaken soon. If you wish to keep your food, it would probably be best to hide it behind the broccoli." 

"It'll be fine." And if it's not fine, well, I checked the fridge and they're out of milk. "You're the leader, right?" 

"I am. Even if at times I wish I were not, the only other person I feel capable of leading is much too young for the duty to be thrust upon his shoulders."

"Duty is duty, no matter the age. Aquaman said something like that once," I said, folding my arms under my head. "I forget what I was talking about, but he's not wrong. If you have something you need to do, it doesn't matter how old you are, you have to do it." Wishing I didn't have the weight of Camp on my shoulders didn't change the fact it was there. It didn't change the fact that my duty was to be part of that prophecy either. It didn't change that it was my duty to get the Master Bolt back. I had to learn to carry the weight. 

"Still, I would rather not shift this to him yet, not when it is still mine to bear." 

"I'm assuming you mean Robin."

Kaldur nodded and took another bite. A breeze blew by, and Wally stood shoveling his own food into his mouth.

"Hi, sugar," he said, mouth full.

"Wally, do not be rude."

"No, let him," I said. A smile crossed my face. "He'll just have to handle the consequences when I let his injuries heal naturally."

The snort that cut through the air didn't come from beside me, or from Wally. Nails clicked against the floor, and I turned. A large white wolf rested his head on the counter, sniffing and nuzzling the bag of food. Kaldur pushed its snout away, only for it to be replaced. 

"Wolf, no," he said. "Is Conner awake yet? I do not think i will be able to stop him."

"I can-"

I pushed off my seat and walked to stand beside Wolf. I placed my hand on his back and leaned forward. "Hey, either leave the food alone, or I wrestle you." Yellow eyes shifted to me and lips lifted up in a snarl. I snorted and pressed down. "Do you really want to try me?" I twisted my hand in the strands of his fur. "Do you  really wish to see if you can do what the she-wolf could not?"

It wasn't a sure thing that he would back off. Lupa, for all she tries to deny it, isn't a goddess. Only immortal with gifts and boons granted to her by the gods in thanks for the founding of Rome. The only weight her name holds is that she is a very big, very scary wolf. Which is all that probably matters to wolves, but I don't understand them. They're not horses. Though the idea of a super tall horse training a bunch of demigods to survive by making them survive alongside horses made me laugh. And then the thought of Arion being put in charge only made it better, until the poor children who can understand horses come along. And then they show up with-

Wolf backed down, right. He slunk into the living room, leaving me with two of my new teammates staring at me with narrowed eyes. I sighed and smiled.

"My dog is pretty big. Anyway, are you guys planning on going back to that movie you were watching or did you want to put a new one in?"

Welp, this is it for the updates for this book for a bit. 

Next week will begin the next months schedule with Tuesdays being for the Wizards, Witches, and Demigods book

I have a few completed books on this account as well, so if you ever want to check those out. Anyway, time for me to not eat, stare at some homework and hopefully get it done before its due at midnight.

See yah