❥︎ Diluc

(A/N) I do not have Diluc in the game so this is just what information I got from the story quests, and the webtoon.

TW: Blood, arrows

======

======

"Diluc!" Y/N squealed as she flung open the door to Diluc's office a bright smile on her face as her eyes glitter in the sun light that was coming through the windows, Y/N quickly walked towards Diluc with pure excitement

"What is it my dear?" He calmly asked taking a sip of grape juice.

"I have decided that I will follow my dream! I will explore all of Teyvat!" She deemed taking his free hand hand in hers, Diluc was surprised but started to slightly smile

Y/N set her hand down on top of the desk, "why so sudden?" He asked putting down his cup of grape juice and resting his head on his palm that was now propped up on his desk.

"I was walking around Mondstadt when I heard this man named Stanley talking about the Mare Jivari! " She said as she clapped her hands together, "would you come with me?" She asked.

Diluc looked saddened for moment before replying "Y/N I'm so sorry but I'm afraid that I cannot accompany you. You see Charles had to take a break from the tavern because he came down with a sickness." He sadly sighed, he wanted to join you in your journey but he had to take care of the Tavern and make sure that Kaeya and Venti didn't drink all the wine in the tavern.

"Oh... I see.." Y/N mumbled, her expression clouded with sadness before going back to her happy self "Well in that case I'll bring you back a little something from everywhere I go!" She giggled as she twirled around, her fluffy wine red dress spinning and the light hitting the rhinestones on the dress perfectly to make them shine, her black heels clicked against the wooden floor as she made her way to the exit.

Diluc watched as Y/N left his office disappointed he couldn't share the journey, Kaeya walks in as Y/N was leaving he noticed that she seemed more happy then she normally does her usually upset face was bright and cheerful, "Well I wonder what she is so happy about?" He chuckled before turning to look at Diluc who seemed annoyed at him like always. "What? No brotherly love?" He joked.

Diluc let out an annoyed sigh "What do you want Kaeya?" He asked making it obvious he wanted this to be over with as soon as possible, "oh I just came to let you know about all the treasure hoarder attacks recently." Kaeya says crossing his arms.

"If that's all I would very much like to ask you to leave now." Diluc looked away from Kaeya and watched the leaves fall and rustle from the tree just outside his window.

= Time skip to the next morning =

Y/N double checked everything to make sure she had enough food and Mora to get through the trip, she counted how much Mora she had and made sure to have packed her map. "This is gonna be great!" she exclaimed, "Just make sure to watch your back, Kaeya said there has been a lot of treasure hoarder attacks." He said leaning against the doorway.

"I'll be fine, don't worry so much Diluc!" she laughed as she patted his shoulder before walking past Diluc, "I can protect myself" Y/N assured him before she left the house and waved good bye, after all she wouldn't be seeing him for a few months.

"Be safe..." He told her before waving good bye as well.

= Time skip a few months later =

 Diluc sat at the chair beside the fireplace. He felt lonely after Y/N had left. It annoyed him on how he couldn't wait for her to come back. He missed the way Y/N would laugh and smile. He stared at the fireplace, the warm air reminded him of her hugs. His misery only increased since everything started reminding him of her. He closed his eyes Imagining Y/N Coming through the front door with all the things she had acquired through-out her journey. He could almost feel her hug, but was disappointed to have realized it was nothing but the fire.

a loud thud was heard from the door and Dilucs eyes widened thinking it was Y/N, He quickly got up and turned the corner and he could feel his heart drop at the gruesome sight.

Y/N was dripping in blood, countless arrows sticking out of her back, she was clinging to the door way with one hand her other in a balled fist covering her heart like she was holding something, "D-Diluc..." she breathed tears clouding her eyes "I saw so many beautiful things.." she sighed as she reached out the hand that was covering her heart for him, Diluc saw she dropped something but was to focused on Y/N. Diluc started to panic and rushed to Y/N to catch her as she lost her grip on the doorway and finally collapsed.

"Y/N!? what happened" He cried holding Y/N in his arms, she smiled and reached out her hand to run her fingers through his hair.

"I missed you..." she mumbled before her hand fell and the life inside her left. "Y-Y/N? Y/N please come back! your not dead.. you cant be dead.." he said through a breaking voice "Please.. not you to..." He pleaded tears streaming down his face as he hugged her lifeless body close to him blood pooling around them shaking and angry that he couldn't protect her. He looked down at the floor and saw that what Y/N dropped was the diamond heart necklace He bought her that was now stained with blood. crying he dropped to his knees, begging to wake up from this nightmare.

=====

=====

Word count: 998