❥ Bennett

(A/N) I'm so so sorry but it seems like I'll be away longer than expected! In the meantime I finished this chapter so it might seem like it's been a shorter break then it actually is! I do have Bennett but I don't play him a lot.

=====

=====

"Y/N!!! I found an old ruin just east! I thought we could explore it together!" Y/N Looked over her shoulder to the boy, seeming deep in thought. "of course, Bennett!" She giggled turning toward the boy to face him.

Bennett almost choked on his own breath when he watched her spin around. The way her hair twirled, how her hands folded behind her back. She gazed at him with the most beautiful smile, and eyes that held the stars.

"Um- since its close to sundown, we can both go home and get ready for the adventure!" Bennett laughed, giving her a thumbs up. He turned around as soon as possible, blushing madly.

= That night =

Y/N was running around her house thinking of everything she might need for this adventure. She knew he had bad luck and she also knew that he gets hurt a lot, she never felt bothered by it though and she would always adventure with him either way!

Y/N packed food, emergency tents, and a first aid kit. She thought this was all she needed because it was all they needed on their last adventures.

= The next day =

"Bennett!" Y/N ran up and hugged him as soon as she saw him waiting at the adventures guild, "Y/N! You ready to go? This adventure is going to be amazing!" Bennett laughed, clearly excited.

Y/N nodded her head, taking Bennett's hand and proceeding to follow him to the twos newest adventure! To anyone else, it must have seemed like they were a couple!

= At the Ruins =

"These are the ruins you found? but they're so deep in the forest!" Y/N laughed. Bennett was at the door to open the ruins. "Aha! I got them open!" Bennett rushed into the Ruin excited to explore.

Y/N cautiously stepped into the ruin, a chill running down her spine and a sense of unease flooded her mind. Nervously, she looked around the ruin seeing webs, cracked stone, and bones scattered around the entrance. "Bennett... Please be careful I have a bad feeling..." Y/N Whispered to the white-haired boy.

"I will be careful Y/N! I'll protect you, don't worry!" he smiled brightly, putting Y/Ns nervousness somewhat at ease, Bennett ran down the hallway entrance and entered a round room where he saw nothing but the emptiness of a deserted ruin.

Y/N ran up behind him and sighed in disappointment when she also saw nothing. "Wouldn't you think in a room like this, we would find even a small handful of treasure!" Y/N mumbled. she looked all around her and saw the detail in the stone walls of the ruin were much more beautiful here than they were at the entrance, "Maybe the treasure is further down!" Bennett exclaimed rushing further into the ruin.

"BENNETT! Wait up!!" Y/N yelled trying her best to keep up with him. Bennett stopped and looked back at Y/N who was still in the round room but quickly catching up to him. "I'm sorry! I thought you were right behind me!" Bennett said rubbing the back of his head, a smile forming on his face.

When Y/N caught up to Bennett he continued going down the corridor, While Bennett was walking, he stepped on a trap setting of a barrage of deadly traps. "BENNETT WATCH OUT!" Y/N yelled reaching a hand for him. Y/N Rushed to him blocked the trap that was coming straight for Bennett.

"Y-Y/N?... Y/N!" Bennett caught Y/N before she had fallen from the impact of a spear impaling her. Her blood dripping off the sharp tip of the ancient spear. "Bennett... thank goodness your safe..." Y/N Laughed, pretending she wasn't impaled to try and lighten up the mood. "Y/N... Don't ignore it, your bleeding! we have to get you back to Mondstadt!" Bennett cried.

Y/N rolled her head to look down the corridor, "But we're so close..." She whispered, tears building in her eyes from the pain. Bennett looked up at the end of the corridor, seeing an extravagant door standing at the end, it was only a few steps away. "Y/N No! we need to get you back to Mondstadt! We can just come back when your better!" Bennett shook his head in protest.

Y/N stared at him, watching him deny the treasure in concern for her safety. Y/N stumbled a bit she felt lightheaded. Her vision was blacking out, all she did was smile tears still flooding down her face ever so gently. "Bennett..." Y/N fell out of his hands and to the floor, her blood pooling underneath her, the life already leaving.

Bennett fell to his knees picking up her body and cradling it in his arms, "Y/N please... please don't leave!" He cried, his tears falling onto to Y/Ns pale face, the warmth was gone, she wasn't breathing...

Bennett's voice caught in his throat, he stared wide eyed at Y/Ns lifeless body, a wave of despair ran over Bennett and tears continued to run down his face, he hugged Y/Ns corpse tightly not wanting to let go of the best adventure partner hes ever had.

= Time skip =

Bennett walked back into Mondstadt, along the journey back it had started raining, it seems even the heavens cried over her death. Y/Ns body was still in his arms, blood staining her shirt and her hair falling over her eyes, Bennett stared down at her regretting ever finding that ruin.

the people of Mondstadt rushed over to Bennett and took Y/N from his arms, they stared angrily at Bennett anger in their eyes. In truth, Y/N was always loved by the people. She was adored because of her kind and understanding nature.

"She never would have died if it weren't for your bad luck!" they yelled at him. The crowd got so bad, that the knights of Favonius had to come and break them up. Bennett only stared at his hands, Y/Ns blood still staining his fingertips and palms, Bennett blamed himself for your death and cried more than ever has. "You must hate me now..."

=====

=====

Word count: 1089

(A/N) I got Venti, I hope that my readers did to, if you wanted him that is!