#5 "unacceptable, try again"

You find it hard to believe that weeks have passed since you started your new arrangement with the King. You were not even sure what to call yourself. Were you his mistress? He wasn't married. He had called you his companion once before. So that is what you would call yourself, a companion.

The King wants you to learn some qualities of a high-born lady. You were to walk, talk, sit, eat... breathe like a Lady. But in bed, you smile to yourself. In HIS bed he requested that you remain wild and just as you were.

The finishing school had sent over Miss Lavigne. You furrow your brow at her when she placed a book on your head and asked you to walk across the floor with it balanced upon your head. Was she serious? You placed on foot in front of the other, awkwardly walking like you were learning how-to for the first time. The book made a loud sound as it hit the ground behind you.

"Unacceptable, try again." Miss Lavigne said as she put the book back on your head. You sigh deeply but attempt again. Just as awkward as the first time. A chuckle from the sitting room doorway makes you turn around quickly. You catch the book as it falls from your head once more.

"And what is this teaching (Y/N), Miss Lavigne?"

His voice sent a shiver down your spine. Around others, he was harsh and dark. When it was just the two of you, his voice was softer. Miss Lavigne attempted to defend her teachings. But the King was not impressed. He held a hand up to silence Miss Lavigne.

"(Y/N), do you feel you can walk more like a Lady now?" He asked while taking a seat in one of the chairs.

You silently walk away from him to the far side of the room, then back toward him. You stop just in front of him. He was smiling ever so slightly. As if trying not to show the amusement in knowing exactly what you were trying to achieve. You knew what walking away from him would do to him. It allowed the King a view of your curves as you gently swayed your hips with each step.

He was leaned back in his chair, his hands were gripping onto the arms as if he needed to do so to retain his calm.

"Miss Lavigne, you are dismissed for the day. I believe (Y/N) knows how to walk."

Miss Lavigne bowed her head and left the sitting room. You watch his face for a sign of what he is thinking. But he only moved his eyes, and they swept over you starting at your feet all the way up to your hair. Some strands had fallen loose from your braid.

"(Y/N), lock the door. I need you to show me you can walk like a Lady again, but without all those layers of material in the way this time." He said with a smirk.

You walk to the door of the sitting room and click the lock.