Chapter 3 | News

N e w s ~ C H A P T E R T H R E E
______________________

Tension could be felt by Ivory as she roamed the quiet halls of her home. Her father had mentioned that he and her mother needed to speak to her urgently.

Due to it being personal matters, Draco was asked to stay at his home for the day. Both the King and Queen were quite worried that Ivory's friend might make their private meeting more awkward for Ivory and what she was about to be told.

Ivory awkwardly made her way into a private room in the back of the castle. Only she and her parents were the only three allowed in that room. Ivory tried to ignore her parent's gloomed faces as she took a seat across from them, but found it rather hard once their voices had matched their emotions.

"What is it?"

She spoke softly, not entirely knowing if she actually wanted to hear the words her parents were struggling to get out.

"Ivory"

Ivory's mother spoke in her kind voice. Her mother had glanced at her husband before standing from her seat and making her way in front of Ivory.

"As you must know, your eighteenth birthday is coming up."

Her mother spoke cautiously, wondering if that simple sentence could explain to Ivory what was in plan for her.

However, Ivory sat in her chair confused. She knew that her birthday was coming up, they had been planning it for weeks upon weeks. An eighteenth birthday was a huge deal for a princess and her Kingdom. It was just one year closer to her ruling it herself.

Ivory's father immediately noticed the confused look on her face. He knew this conversation would never be an easy one to have. Him and his wife specifically avoided this topic all together, worried that they'd scare and upset the small princess.

"Although the law may seem unfair to you, by the time you turn 19 you will be needed to be wed by a prince"

Ivory's father abruptly stated. He was always the type of person who believed that ripping off a band aid was the best and only way to say things.

Ivory's mother glared at her husband as Ivory's eyes grew wide in shock and panic.

Not only has she never been in a relationship, but her quiet side was her downfall to speaking to others. Ivory was quiet and awkward to everyone besides her parents and best friend. Ivory knew that she would never be able to find someone that she could get comfortable with enough to talk to or even marry.

Before Ivory could let her parents continue, she rushed out of the room with tears already falling from her honey brown eyes.

No matter how hard anyone could have tried, there was no stopping the princess from leaving the castle's grounds and heading to the only person who could comfort her,

Draco Malfoy.

______________________
N e w s ~ C H A P T E R T H R E E