Chapter 8 | Proposal

P r o p o s a l   ~   C H A P T E R   E I G H T
_______________________

         The Queen and King couldn't deny that their was a lack of chemistry between the prince and princess. No matter how hard they had tried, Ivory had continued to stay stubborn, ignoring the prince and every word that he had said.

Ivory will never be known as a rude person, but she will always be known as a difficult one. Everyone had known how angry she was for having to be in a marriage she didn't want.

She didn't even have the chance to answer when the prince had gotten down on one knee and asked the the question that she only wanted to hear from Draco.

"Will you marry me?"

Ivory was going to say no. Of course she was going to say no, he is not who Ivory wanted and everyone knew that. Before she could apologetically deny his offer, Ivory's mother screamed yes over the crowd. And despite the fact that Ivory had never answered, the prince found the Queen's words to be good enough and slipped the golden ring on her left finger.

It had fit perfectly, but I didn't feel right.

It would never feel right.

Tears fell from Ivory's eyes as her now fiancé pulled her into an uncomfortable hug. Ivory's family and friends cheered around the "couple", believing that the tears that fell from her eyes were of joy, not of sadness.

The only person in the room who correctly mirrored her actions was Draco. Tears washed down his face as he watched the girl he fell hopelessly for become engaged to a man she never loved.. or even liked.

Ivory's eyes had finally looked up from the flooring, still being tightly grasped in the prince's arms. She searched the crowd until her honey eyes had finally stared straight into his gray eyes.

Ivory's tears came more rapidly after seeing Draco. So badly she wanted to run to him and pull him away from this castle. Ivory wanted nothing more to run away with the man of her dreams. Draco wanted nothing more but to take her from the prince's arms, wipe her tears away and kiss her like he had once before.

Oh how badly Draco had missed the feeling of Ivory's soft lips against his own. His heart had basically burst at the feeling. Draco wanted to yell to Ivory and tell her that everything was going to be okay. However, Draco and Ivory both knew that would be a lie.

He wanted to admit everything that he felt for her.... and so he did,

Draco had written Ivory a letter.

_______________________
P r o p o s a l   ~   C H A P T E R   E I G H T