𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙎𝙤 𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨 - 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚

Nibbling on some food you're sure the producers had laid out for you, you leaned onto the railing of the boat, letting the wind ruffle your hair. Windswept locks were in, right? Not that it really mattered, you could work with what you were given. The producers have you as the stereotype as the "Social Chameleon" due to your ability to get along with everyone-- well, almost everyone --regardless of what clique they were in and who you surrounded yourself with at the moment. It was hard for people to define you, but honestly, you liked it that way.

As the tiny island grew closer and closer on the horizon, you think back on how you came to where you are now. Who knew five minutes worth of an audition tape of your friends speaking in your favor would get you here?

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"And welcome our eleventh camper: Y/N!" Your host says, pointing you out to everyone, causing a goth girl you see to stop blushing at the tall black haired guy standing next to her. You take your first few steps into the island (the docks, technically) and shake your host's hand. "So," he starts, grin never leaving his face. "How was the boat ride?"

"Oh, y'know, about as good as a seven hour boat ride can be." You playfully shrug and give a lazy smile, hoisting your bags higher on your shoulders. Turning towards the other team, you give a two fingered salute. "It's nice to meet you guys." Most of them smile at you, the goth girl from earlier seems indifferent, and a tall Asian girl just continues to examine her nails. Throwing your bags down with everyone else's, you go back to where the campers are grouped and stand with them.

You didn't have to wait too long however, as the next girl steps off the boat. She's wearing a blue cropped hoodie and some shorts, but what really captures your attention is the surfboard she's holding. "Hey, what's up?"

The punk guy from before lets out a scoff. "Nice board. This ain't Mailbu, honey." Fidgeting under his gaze, she tells him that they thought they'd be on the beach. Which you technically are, but turning to the shore it really isn't much to look at. After she accidentally hits a few people with her board and the Asian girl gets whiny, the surfer girl settles down next to you and reaches out her hand.

"Hey, I'm Bridgette. It's nice to meet you." You smile and take her hand, shaking it, before introducing yourself.

"I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you too! Was the ride okay for you?"

"Oh, yeah!" Bridgette perks up. "I saw some dolphins on the way here! I'm a surfer," she gestures towards her board. "I wanted to hang out with them for a bit, but the captain said we had a time limit. I did get some pictures though!" Bridgette pulls her phone out and begins flicking through her last saved pictures and leaning in close to you. While being distracted by her, the two of you completely miss the next contestant to arrive until you hear an annoyed cough and look down.

A short Indian boy looks at the two of you with an apathetic face and rolls his eyes. "You're in the way of our luggage." He says, and you and Bridgette notice you two are, so you quickly scoot out of the way and apologize. Noah gives you a look up and down, then pauses for a split second before continuing on, mumbling. "Whatever."

Just in time for the next ship to arrive, you stand up and head the new campers introduction. There's a bigger black girl stepping off the boat and waving to all of you. "What's up y'all? Leshawna in the house! Hey everybody, how you doin?" Giving a confident (like the rest of her personality) high five to Chris she continues to walk across the dock to boast. "Feel free to quit now and save yourselves the trouble, cause I came to win." You giggle slightly, giving two thumbs up, and Leshawna smiles and nods her head at you. Not even here for a hour, you're already on the good side of two people!