The Rain In the Storm

The three boys go through the stone walls which encased the main part of the castle, leading them out to the expanding and evergrowing town life outside.

Toby was sat on the back of the horse, whilst Tommy and George walked either side; George lingering slightly behide to make sure no one tried to steal from the cart.

As soon as the boys stepped out of the main castle walls the smooth cobble roads became rough, uneven and full of potholes. The random roads branched off down different lanes and ally's, making it seem like the houses and buildings where placed over the roads and not the other way around.

The more they walked, the more the air become humid and full of sweat and leather; as well as a sweet hint of fresh bread.

The bustling people all gathered around open windows of shops and small stands along the main roads and turns. Unsurprisingly most of the people along the walk seemed to be rather wealthy, unlike what George was use to seeing back in rêver.

For such ancient looking town, it had a hint of beauty and strength within each of the marbled and stone cut walls of all the buildings; even those still being brought up.

"Almost there," George said to the other two boys, who where busy googling at random things in the street. The outer layer of the large; yet still slightly thin, walls came into view.

From the castle balcony the walls looked small and as if they could be easily pushed over, but when you where directly under them it was a different story.
Just having to look up to see the side of the walls made Georges neck hurt.

A large, oval, hole was cut in the walls. Seemingly to be the only available way in or out of the town. The castle was directly in the center of the larger circle, yet most of the town life stayed at the front of the castle view.

"So where do these boxes need to go?"

"Sammy said to go through the gate and tell the guards outside 'Training camp three, supply's and cap Awe's orders' and they should show us the way" Tommy furrowed his brows as he remembered the Guard captains words.

"Right then," George smiled at Toby, who was getting down off the horse.

They walked to the exit hole, guards and people of high power where patroling around and double checking each of the people near as well as what they have.
Infront of the three boys was another cart, identical to there's; just being pulled by two females and a younger seeming boy.

"Halt!" A guard in silver armor, yet missing his helmet, stopped them as they walked closer."Name and passage?"

Tommy looked at George, confusion on his face.

"Training camp three, supply's and Captain Awe's orders" George spoke for Tommy, standing proudly and moving to the side slightly so the guard could see the cart more clearly. Once the guard had walked around the cart and pushed some of the boxes about, he nodded and stepped back so they had more of a clear way to get through.

"Keep going straight and take your second right!" The guard spoke swiftly, pointing.

The three boys nodded and proceeded with their travel to the training site.

They continued the pathway, the path became gravel and sand, bumpy but not to the point it was a pain. They skipped past the first right turning and watched as the cart Infront of them took the second left. Swiftly they took the second right turning, George double checking to make sure they didn't lose any boxes.

Things where going well; Tommy was sitting on the side of the cart, Toby back on the horse and George was resting on the flap on the backside of the cart (where the cart would open up at the back). The only sound was Tommy's faint whistling and the 'clip clop' of the horse on the road.