Research Gone Wrong

The library was large, to say the least.

Old wooden arches that outlined the roof, connected to thicker beams on the floor. Each beam and arch outlined the book-made hallway parallel to the double doors.

  It was pretty symmetrical, even down to the browning orange books pushed tightly together.
On each end of the row of books, cream-white statues of random mystical creatures laid. Most of the animals where just odd shaped items, or small human head that contained animal counter parts like pig noses or beak shaped ears.
    One thing was consistent throughout all the statues, the detail. The detail of each individual hair strand or pupil was so fine, and life like, that you could easily mistake them for real if they had colour.

"Stinks like mouldy books" Tommy huffed from the oval doorway, and sure enough there was a dramatic, yet pleasnt, smell of earthy leather, dust and even polish that needed a new coat.

"Matches the rest of this castle" George scoffed, walking inside the rectangular hall. As he walked he dragged a finger over a dark spruce table that was hosting a pile of untouched quills and dried ink, he wasn't very surprised to see a heep of dust get caught onto his finger.

"Not wrong there, gogster!" Tommy laughed, walking out from behind george and to his side.

"Gogster?" George chuckled, shaking his head as he rolled his eyes at tommy. "Yeah well, I'm never wrong"

Tommy just laughed at him again, walking towards one of the statues on his right.

"Looks just like that john fella!" He gave a cough type laugh, making faces at the angry faced, boar statue.
George just shook his head with a smile, watching as tommy ignored the books (probably forgetting the task) and ran between the rows of books to see the statues on either side - sometimes stopping to either laugh at the thing or yell towards george who it reminded him off.
More or less, they all either reminded him of John, Toby or people back in his home land: he mentioned a 'jack' alot whilst he yelled.

"Haha, now back to the task tom!" George chuckled again, pulling a chair out from one of the square tables in the middle of the larger hallway.

"How the fuck are we ment to find anything in here? Theres no signs or nothin'!" Tommy whined, stealing Georges seat.

"I can ask Karl to help, he's said before he 'knows the library like the back of his hand' but then again when he said that he showed us his palm." He shrugged.

"Whose he?" Tommy started poking a dusty book towards himself, "sounds like an idiot"

George watched Tommy's movements, shrugging as he sat down on the other side of the head of the table.
"Just one of my roommates"

"Sounds even more dumb"

Time seemed to be against the two as they scoured the books and smudged out writing that only some of the holsters had.
They scavenged almost half of the whole place in the time that all Karl, Alex and even Toby had came over to try help them.
  Yet, even with the help, they all more or less continuously got distracted: Alex making jokes, causing others to laugh, Tommy complaining and whining that he's missing the real training - even though he was doing alot of work anyway.

"Wait, over here!" Karl called out, making the others speed their way over towards the far left side of the hall.
The one with the most beautiful statue.
It was a human head, short and wavy hair yet they had pointed down elf shaped ears. Mushrooms seemed to sprout between hair strands and on the tip of the ears.
A pinker coat of white paint had been used to resemble some sort of blush amoung his checks: only to be freckled by white paint above.

"Whatcha find time-man?" Tommy asked as he jogged over, leaning his arm on Georges shoulder as he halted: earning a scoff and a shrug from the smaller trying to get him off.

"Help me get them down and I'll tell you," Karl stretched a little to grab some of the books higher up, though Tommy didn't need to stretch at all thanks to his height.

"Bit rude to make the smaller ones do the work, especially when it's a massive library with no ladders" Toby huffed, holding some of the books Karl and Tommy gave to him.

"I agree Big Man, but that's not a problem for Big Man Tommy!" Tom laughed as the group, besides George and Alex, brought a cluster of books towards to table.

"So, what's in these books?" Alex sighed, flicking through one of the books but stopping abruptly when he noticed loads of files and paper work inside.

"I think Tommy should read through that book, seeming as it's about," Karl stopped and looked at the book. He picked up one of the lose papers and gave it a quick scan, only to reread it in shock. "All of the deals and business trades the castle has done!?"

"The fuck?" Alex leant back.

"Why is something like that in a library?" Toby poked the book.

"Tom, you take this shit - I don't want to lose my head for having it" They all collectively pushed the books and the other work to Tommy; sat at the head of the table.
He groaned in response, but made no move of hesitation.

"Sometimes I forget your a prince," George looks at Tommy, "your so childish"

"So what's in the other books Karl?" Toby purposely interrupting so Tommy can't yell back at him. He evenly moved the other books in a line, facing the head so everyone could see.

"Tommy?" A posh British voice called. "Tommy, your assistance is needed please" The group looked at the large, now open, doors. Wilbur, the ambassador and Tommy's brother was resting against the door frame. "Toby your free to come as well"

Gathering the books, as well as some of the spare books they had found previous, Tommy nodded at Toby and waved a quick goodbye to the others.
"Coming Wil!"

"Bye Tommy, Bye Toby!"

"So what are we gonna do with these books?"
Alex pushed one towards George.

"Read them?" Karl shrugged, sighing at Alex's grossed out face.

"Gross"

---------------------------------------------

Word count : 1058
(Not including this part below)
Thanks for reading this so far!

Sorry if it's not the best, but I hoped you enjoyed
💜

Ps. If there is any spelling mistakes, feel free to correct them; I can't find or change them all so it helps alot!