015. dung bomb chocolate cake

CHAPTER FIFTEEN .*:・ ❝ DUNG BOMB CHOCOLATE CAKE ❞

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ DUNG BOMB CHOCOLATE CAKE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅      

     "then he winks at me! like are you kidding me?" april and james are in walking down the snowy streets of hogsmeade, telling their friends about the encounter they had with august mclaggen a couple hours prior. by friends, they mean sirius, remus and peter, because alana is hanging out the gryffindor's most famous blonde, marlene mckinnon.

   "i say we pull a prank," sirius starts, "that's what i said!" james interrupts, "great minds think alike prongs! here's my idea: we could put dungbombs in there before he gets the- oh wait better yet! bake a cake and when he goes to eat it, the dung bomb explodes in his face." sirius laughs, finishing off what he was saying. 

   april's face lights up, remembering something, "what is with those nicknames anyway? like all of a sudden you guys just started to call eachother padfoot, prongs, moony, and wormtail; what does it even mean?" she asks, pointing at the boys questionably while listing off their names. james opens the door to the pub they were heading to, and they all sit down.

   as she asks this, all of the boys get these uncomfortable looks, along with avoiding eye contact with her, and playing with their hands. there's an awkward silence among the group until remus speaks up.

   "um," he shifts uncomfortably in his seat, "they're just nicknames we found for eachother that we thought were um- were cool. yeah, that's it." the rest of the boys murmur little 'yeahs' and such, agreeing with 'moony'. 

   "okay then... anyway- oh um hello! could we get five butter beers please?" april starts, before interrupting herself and politely ordering their drinks from the waitress that came over to their table.

   "all right hun, anything else?" the waitress smiles at the five teenagers, and everybody shakes their head. she nods her head, and turns around, going back to the bar to order their drinks. 

   sirius, peter, and remus all strike up a conversation about the upcoming prank on august mclaggen. april yawns, then feels james' chin on her shoulder, and his hot breath on her neck, and whispers "yeah, being cute must be tiring." at this, april's eyes widen and she slightly turns her head to face james and she whispers back while smirking, "yeah, well, you must be exhausted." when muttering this to the boy next to her. she turns back to their friends and pays attention to their conversation. 

   several minutes later, the group is done with their drinks and are about to leave the small shop. they all collect their jackets, and scarves, and other winter gear, and head out of the pub. 

   sirius and remus are talking to eachother, their cheeks red, not knowing if its just the cold or they're blushing. april and james are hand in hand, a comfortable silence floating over the two of them. peter trails quietly in the back.

   april starts to shiver slightly, and james quickly notices. he unwraps the scarf around his neck and puts it around his girlfriends. april looks at him, about to say something about him needing it, and about him getting cold. and he just smiles and says "nope. you're cold." after saying this april rolls her eyes and smiles, but not letting him see that. 

   while walking, april is paying no attention to her surroundings and her classmates that are walking past her, just paying attention to her thoughts. suddenly, something pulls her out of her brain. in two seconds, april is faced down on the ground, her face full of snow, and laughter fading away from behind her. 

   sirius, remus, and peter all turn around to see lucius malfoy and his little friends, bellatrix black being the one who pushed april. james helps his girlfriend up, trying to get the snow off of her while taking off his jacket and putting it around her, while his eyes are shooting daggers towards the group.

   sirius black is quick to run to the group, to throw a couple swings at malfoy, but remus is quick to hold him back, being stronger than he looks, he is successful to hold him back.

   "come on rem! let me go!" sirius almost yells at the boy, struggling to get out of his grip. the slytherins laughing. 

   "he's not worth it." remus calmly says. sirius breaks out of remus' grasp and he runs over to lucius. they all stop laughing as he gets closer. sirius throws his fist at his face, once, and that's all he needed to break his nose. he walks away from lucius, being content with himself.

   he wipes the blood off his nose, then starting to run at sirius. he gets closer and closer- "locomotor mortis!" yells james potter, his wand pointing at malfoy as he falls to the ground right behind sirius. the group of slytherins all run to help him, worried as can be, as the gryffindors run away, laughing.

*ੈ‧₊˚

   "this is going to be amazing!" sirius announces with a smile on his face as they all sit in the kitchens, waiting for the chocolate cake to be ready. when the group came down here, winky was the first to greet them, asking them what they wanted, and sirius told her they wanted a chocolate cake, he then handed her the dungbomb, telling her to put it in the middle of the cake, and to be very gentle because it could 'break' at any moment.

   "it really is! i can't wait to see the look on his face..." james smiles at the group. around them, there are house elves running all around them, trying to get dinner for hogwarts situated, seeing as its only just a couple minutes before the big ceremony starts. 

   "but how are we going to see him? with the invisibility cloak?" april asks, and james nods. and sirius' eyebrows furrow, obviously thinking about something.

   "but we're going to be laughing when it happens; he will hear." he tells, sounding very matter-of-fact. james shrugs at this.

   "we will try our best until he leaves." he announces, everyone nodding at his answer. before anyone could say anything else, pops right next to them with the chocolate cake. 

   "thank you winky!" april widely grins at the little creature next to her. winky smiles at her, putting the chocolate cake on the table in between the students, the smell of the delicious cake filling their noses, the dungbomb smell not being noticeable. 

   "anything for you ms. april!" she squeaks. april gives her a high-five. then raises her eyebrows at the group, about to ask them a question.

   "ready to go?" the marauders nod, getting up from their seats. they leave the kitchens, saying goodbye to the little creatures. the chocolate cake is in the hands of remus lupin, who is walking next to sirius, then april next to him, and james next to her, and peter behind them. 

   sirius groans, suddenly realizing something. "this is going to take forever! i mean like, we're literally in the basement of a huge castle, and now we have to go to the highest point in said castle." he announces, his head falling back out of frustration. when he says this, it's as if a lightbulb is seen going off on top of all their heads, making them groan, just like sirius.