010. the dress

CHAPTER TEN .*:・ ❝ THE DRESS ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅   

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅   

     two days later, april is still upset but she isn't crying, she tells herself the she knew that this was going to happen, that james would leave their fake relationship for lily. she still has not spoken to james since, and she has had a couple guys ask her to the halloween ball because she is not with james anymore, but she has turned them all down. in fact, she doesn't plan on going to the ball at all, because she doesn't want to see lily and james, but also, she is just very tired from not getting enough sleep thinking about them. 

   april is in the girls dormitories, getting ready to go to hogsmeade with alana to look for dresses for the ball, well, she's more going so alana can look because april isn't going to go. alana has been asked to the yule ball by the one and only fabian prewett, and she thinks that it would've been funny if fabians twin, gideon, asked april to the ball. april hates shopping, she just doesn't see the fun in it, and she thinks it is one of the most boring things in the world. 

   "come on april, let's go!" alana yells at the girl inside the bathroom. 

   "i'm just brushing my hair, can you calm down?" april yells back. april is wearing a black shirt, with a black jacket on top, blue mom jeans, and her muggle boots, dr. martens. she walks out of the bathroom and grabs her things. 

   "you ready?" alana questions. 

   "yep, time for torture." she whispers the last part. 

   about an hour later, the girls are now in madam malkin's shop, where april is giving her opinions on alana's dresses until she finds the perfect one. alana may look like this really mean girl, but she is really not. she love shopping and talking about boys as much as the next girl, and april is exactly the opposite, she loves reading and just keeping to herself. 

   "how about this one?" alana says, coming out of the dressing room in this beautiful, vintage,  red dress. april makes a spin motion with her finger while smirking and as she does the, the girl in the dress spins around and it makes the dress even more magical. 

   april stands up and smiles and says "you look beautiful, it's the one!". alana smiles in response and hugs her. she goes back through the dresses and one catches her eye. its a pastel blue dress, with flower details, and a cut out leg (the gif above). her eyes widen and she grabs it off the rack immediately, shoving it into her best friends arms. 

   "what i-" april starts. 

   "you need to try this on!" alana interrupts her, freaking out at how perfect this dress is for april.

   "but i'm not even going t-" 

   "go!" she interrupts her, once again, pushing her into the dressing room, and april shutting the door behind her. april takes a deep breathe and strips of her clothes, except her undergarments, of course. she steps into the dress, pulls it up and she takes a look at herself in the mirror and she doesn't have any words, it's beautiful, she's beautiful. april stands there in front of the mirror, her dark curls falling past her chest, the beautiful pastel blue flowery dress on her, and her gold necklace from her father, that says "rose" on it, for her middle name, the name her father wanted to name her but her mother wouldn't let him. 

   april steps out of the dressing room, taking a deep breathe and calls out her best friends name and as she does this, alana peeks her head in the doorway and gasps at her best friend.

   "april holy crap! you look stunning! you. have. to. get. this. dress!" she excitedly says, hugging her best friend.

   april smiles and does a little swirl in her dress and squeals excitedly. "hey alana? i know i'm not going to the dance but i love this dress so much, i just want to know the price of it, can you check  for me?" april asks, pointing to the tag on her back that she can't reach herself. 

   "yeah...its 16 galleons." alana says, and when she says  that, april turns around with her eyes wide, not expecting the dress to be that expensive. 

   "what?" she asks.

   "16 galle-" alana starts.

   "no i heard you." she says, clearly upset that she won't be able to afford it. april looks up from the dress to alana, sympathy plastered all over alana's face. "i can't afford it" april mutters, and turns around to return to the dressing room.

   a couple minutes later, she comes out, dressed in her old clothes, her hair a little frizzy from all of the taking off and putting on clothes. alana purchased her dress while her friend was in the dressing room to save time and so that they can go to other shops. 

   the two girls walk out of the shop, and not even 1 minute later, alana realizes she forgot her wand in the dressing room. "no stay here, i'm just running in and grabbing it." she says to her friend that was about to follow her back into the shop. alana runs in and runs to the dressing room she was in, looking for her dark brown wand, with gold at the bottom of it. and looks for it a little more and then she a tint of gold hits her eye, and she looks to the seat and there it is.

   alana grabs it and jogs back out, stopping at a dressing room and seeing a certain pastel blue dress sitting on the seat, looking lonely. "ah what the bloody hell." she mutters, feeling bad for her best friend, then grabs the dress bringing it to the counter, to buy it for april. alana's parents are rich and busy, so they wouldn't mind, or even notice the purchase. she pulls out the 16 galleons from her purse, and hands it to the guy on the other side of the counter. 

   when she is finished, she walks back out with her bag, with her dress in it, and april's. alana decides to keep it a secret until the day of the ball, if april actually decides to go. 

   alana catches up to her best friend and smiles at her, trying to look as innocent as she can, so her best friend won't think she is suspicious. the two girls decide to go to the three broomsticks and get a couple butter-beers and chat for a while. 

   they walk in, ordering the drinks, april still looking a little upset over the dress, because she was actually considering going to the ball because the dress made her feel so beautiful. maybe still upset about the "break up". 

   when the two girls walked in, april didn't realize the pair of eyes, the hazel ones that she fell in love with, staring at her, wondering why she looked so upset. was it because of him? was it because he ended the "relationship"? was it because she hasn't talked to him or any of the marauders since that day? was it his fault? his brain overloaded with all of the questions and he just decided to shake it off, and that's exactly what he did; he shakes his head and re-enters the conversation that he, sirius, and remus we're having, completely not noticing the red head looking at him, confused on why her boyfriend was staring at his ex-girlfriend. she closes her eyes for a second, then decides to let it go. she kisses her boyfriend's cheek then places her head on his shoulder. and across the shop, april loudly laughing at something alana had said, completely forgetting what had happened, just having the time of her life, with a butter-beer mustache.