011. halloween ball

CHAPTER ELEVEN .ೃ*: HALLOWEEN BALL

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ HALLOWEEN BALL ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

it's the day, the day of the ball, and april has just finished her transfiguration essay, with her fellow female gryffindor 6th years surrounding her, hassling to finish their hair or their makeup to look perfect for their dates.

april collapses on her bed, dressed in sweat pants and a large t-shirt, unlike the girls around her. she suddenly finds herself really bored and not knowing what else to do. she feels a body lay down next to her, only to open her eyes to see her best friend.

"i can tell you're bored." alana blurts out, staring at the ceiling of the bed.

"oh, can you now?" april asks, slightly smiling.

"yes, i can, and i have something for you, this being the perfect time to give it to you." alana says, walking over to the chest in front of her bed. she pulls out a bag, a bag from madam malkins.

once april reads the label on the bad, her eyes widen.

"you didn't-" she starts.

"oh yes i did!" alana interrupts her, pulling out the beautiful pastel blue flowery dress from a couple weeks ago. april walks up to alana, hugs her and takes in the dresses' beauty.

"when did you get this?" april asks, smiling at her best friend.

"when i went back in the shop to get my wand. now come on! get that dress on, put a little mascara and lip gloss on and let's go!" she says excitedly, pushing her friend a little towards the bathroom.

"but-" april starts, looking over her shoulder, only causing her best friend to push her even more towards the restroom.

"no buts!" alana says, smiling really big.

after a couple of minutes, april comes out with the blue dress on, her long curls hair in a beautiful middle part, and a little makeup, looking beautiful. she slips on her chuck taylor's, because there is no way in hell that you will get april rose labelle into heels.

april and alana walk out of tower gryffindor and towards the great hall, where they meet fabian prewett, alana's date, and they part ways.

april walks into the ball, not quite sure of what to do. she sees all of the couples dancing, and she becomes a bit sad, knowing she doesn't have a date while almost everyone else does. little does she know, she has a two pairs of eyes on her, james potter and sirius black. james potter, on the dance floor with his lily-flower, him just slightly glancing at the girl, not knowing what he is feeling; was it because he misses her and just didn't know it yet? maybe. sirius black, sitting on the sidelines, without a date, despite all of the girls throwing themselves at the dude, batting their eyelashes and pouting their lips; he rejected all of these girls because he wanted to ask april to lighten her spirits, only to find out that she wasn't going to the very ball he was going to ask her to, and now here she stands, late to the ball, standing in the doorway of the huge doors.

april looks to her left and she sees a snack table, containing pumpkin pasties (her favorite), bernie botts every flavor beans, chocolate frogs, cauldron cakes and more. she strolls over, and her eyes look over the many delicious sweets she could choose. she decides to get a pumpkin pastie and a few lemon drops. she walks over to a seat and quietly eats her snack, just observing everyone, trying to keep her mind off of the two most popular gryffindors in school right now, lily evans and james potter, who just so happen to be sticking out of the crowd like a sore thumb because of lily's striking red hair and james' messy hair that is basically all over the place.

as a slow dance song come on, her eyes advert from the crowd as a whole and looks to the most popular couple in school, james and lily. they are hugging/dancing, rocking back and forth (a/n: idrk how to explain it lol i hope you know what i'm talking about) and james' head rests on top of lily's, lily looks towards the band, while james looks the other way, towards the entrance of the great hall, only to lock eyes with april, the girl he left heartbroken and he wasn't aware. they look into each others eyes for a few more moments before someone interrupts their staring.

"hey, why are you sitting here all alone?" a voice asks, while sitting next to april. she looks to her left and sees sirius black. he is dressed in an all-black suit, looking very elegant. "by the way, you look beautiful" he adds, smiling at her, trying to sound as friendly as he can without sounding romantic.

she smiles and responds "thank you very much black. and i'm sitting here all alone because i rejected the two people who asked me because i didn't think i was even going to come here, and now i don't really have anyone to dance with-" she rambles, before getting interrupted by the boy next to her.

"nonsense!" he marveled, standing up and going in front of april, kneeling down on one knee and trying to put on the most serious face he could, and grabbed her hand and asked "april- what's your middle name?" "rose" "april rose labelle, would you be kind enough to make me the happiest man alive and be my date to the halloween ball, as friends of course?".

she goes along with his little act and puts her hand over her mouth in a joking matter, and smiles. "yes of course!" she acts. he stands up and not even two seconds later, the two of them burst into laughter. he guides her to a dance floor and as soon as they set foot into the crowd, an upbeat song comes on and everyone around them starts jumping up and down, and shouting the lyrics to the weird sisters song, do the hippogriff.

sirius and april are jumping up and down, having the time of their lives, only thinking about what is happening in the moment, not what has happened or what might happen. the rest of the songs of the night were upbeat, and that kept april and sirius up until the dance was over, jumping up and down until their feet were numb and they needed to go back to the dorms.

as the couple was dancing all night, they didn't notice the small stares from james potter every now and then, the small stares of jealousy while lily wasn't looking. even if james didn't know it yet, he was jealous of sirius, and the fact that he was with april, he misses her and he doesn't even know it yet. he thought there was no way that he could miss her in a romantic way, even though he does.