Chapter 1: Prologue

As the phantom Ruby snapped Infinite the Jackal could feel himself being torn away from rality. He could feel his skin having no weight, his fur losing texture, and his vision turning into a red glitchy blur. This was the very same red that allowed him to replicate anyone for Eggman's army to rule over the world, but it was now being used to send him away from his own reality. Finally, he felt himself being torn away into a spiraling void of null space to spend the rest of eternity to ponder his choices that lead to this moment.

And ponder the forsaken jackal did.In the purple void of silence he reminisced about all of the events that led him to here. His childhood was less than stellar with parents that could care less for his well being and would rather use him as their own personal butler. He had almost no friends besides his original crew but even then it was a working relationship than it was a real friendship. He couldn't even find himself someone to love since he spent most of his life hiding everything and pushing anyone who got close to him away. While Infinite was enveloped in his mind ready to face the facts that he had wasted his life only to spend it in a purple purgatory alone, there was a tear in the purple space revealing somewhere else. The tear began to suck in whatever was in the empty space like a rabid vacuum, including the Jackal still caught up in his own mind full of regret. Little too late did he realize that something was dragging him out of this null space. He felt a mixture of both fear and relief since now he wouldn't have to spend his final days alone but this new world might make that seem like a dream. The tear swallowed the jackal whole in a matter of seconds before closing up. The void was now still once more in it's purple silence.

The eyes of the Jackal opened up revealing that he was lying on something, his eyes still recovering from being swallowed so quickly. He could make out the grayness of potential concrete found on sidewalks and the blueness of a hopefully peaceful sky. Before long he heard a voice shout, "Hey! Are you okay man?" Infinite looked up to see who this person was displaying a young blue fox with a yellow shirt that white stripes racing across the side. But one feature stood out to him the most to the point where infinite's eyes couldn't stop focusing on it. It was worn similarly to a watch with a sphere attached. The sphere showed an image of a ferocious creature with fire spitting out of it like a volcano. "What the hell is on your wrist?" Infinite asked groggily, pointing at the watchlike device. "You mean my duel disk?" responded the blue fox with his confusion overtaking his previous concern for the jackal on the ground. "Yes. What is it?" he quickly responded curious about what that device even did. "It's for playing duel monsters of course!" replied the fox with a cheery tone leaving the jackal to look at him with the same confusion he had before regarding whatever "Duel Monsters" were. As to respond to the bewildered person still on the sidewalk floor,"You mean haven't heard of duel monsters?" Those were the final word that Infinite heard before his eyelids slammed shut from the exhaustion of surviving through null space.