emma x reader • male • fluff

a/n: author-san apologizes, author-san
has no wifi and author-san
can't download aesthetic gif for
dear readers. author-san doesn't recieves requests so author-san can't think of an idea.
please forgive author-san:(

-------

"It's cold and scary out there, glad
to have someone who would warm me up."

(requested)

______

It was beginning to get dark outside and chilly which the (h/c) male worries for since he disliked one thing in weathers - thunder. It's disastrous sound sends his eardrums in a haywire and it tingles his brain, begging for the loud thunderous sound to stop already.

The thunder booms and tantrums like it was mad, the loud booming sound would just appear and ram into his weakened state. The windows were beginning to become wet so was everything exposed without shelter. The splatter was soft at first, the droplets of the acid rain was calming and harmless as its liquid form becomes visible. Then after a few seconds, the rain that was calmer than before has poured harshly as thunderous bolts of lightning echoed through his eardrums as he released a scared yell.

He was scared, it was extremely obvious and visible. One glance could tell and he was desperate for a comfort right now. He wants warmth and comfort. His form looks so helpless right now, a boy whom was visibly shaking while clutching his hair tightly as he desperately relies on his hands tugging painfully on his (h/c) locks to at least distract himself from the shock and trauma he feels like receiving.

"Help..!" he whispered quietly, his desperate eyes and his helpless form was making him feel too weak and it clogs his voice, as if this fear blocks and whispers to silence himself.

Another thunder was coming based on the sounds above, the sky was grumbling and there were several silent thunders that makes his worry raise.

He may be one of the oldest but he wasn't considered as a premium quality. He wasn't smart or as physically strong like Emma nor Ray, he was nothin between. It was harsh but it was true, a fact that he would proudly say. He doesn't need to be as smart and be a genius like his friend to be appreciated, he's just human. He acknowledged this fact like a treasure, he treasures it.

He was beginning to get tired, everyday, they would have to blend and disguise as a demon and wear demon wards or masks to just survive. It was horrifying and painful to just live in a society different from yourself.

Emma, Ray, and he was in a completely different level and he was sure, he would just be a burden. He knows and he accepts the fact. He just knows he'll die one day, he even dreamt of dying by being stomped by a huge demon claw.

His trembling hands was at least useful to at least support him from falling, he hates thunder. Deem it as childish but he despised the sound so dearly, others might laugh and point at him for being weak against a measly thing but who could blame him? He's a human.

Earlier, they just finished eating so he volunteered to wash the dishes with Gilda and he was permitted to do so. After washing the dishes, everyone was allowed to do however they please but to never go outside without the advice of the head, in short, the permission shall be permitted by Ray or Emma, Emma and Ray only. So after washing the dishes with Gilda while talking and chatting, he went to rest and take a nap.

Then after waking up, he founds out that it was time to head to bed and he only shook his head before proceeding to head to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth, not before needing to pass a long dark hallway.

Then hearing soft droplets of rain before becoming harsh. He dislike it, he'll chant it again and again.

His trembling figure was too busy to notice the female antenna, her green eyes widening to see the (h/c) male trembling on the ground while clutching his hair locks. He looked harmless and breakable.

"[name]! What happened?" the female dashed at you, rubbing your back for comfort. As you heard someone, your hope sparked before throwing yourself at this certain someone. Turns out, it was Emma. Wrapping your arms around their neck, clinging onto it like a baby.

"Em..ma.." you muttered weakly, your voice gasping and it was hoarse, rusty and dry.

Emma rubs your head, her porcelain hands smoothly ruffling onto your (h/c) locks as you snuggled onto her. You were beginning to feel a little comfortable as you muttered, "Emma.. I hate.. thunders.."

Emma heard this and nodded at you, putting her brave face as she assists you to the others while hugging you since you clung like a baby.

The grumbles of the thunder was creeping against your ears as you tightly hogged her onto you, clinging tightly than before.

Thunder!

You flinched, your shoulders tensing as you shooked your head no, begging for the sound to stop. "There there. Everything would be fine! Look.." Emma trails off, thinking of a solution as she then brighten up.

"Look! Let's count! Starting from 1 until a thunder appears, then if a thunder appears, we'll start counting back to 1! Then let's count." she lively exclaims, as you muttered numbers, counting with her.

"1..2..3..4..5.."

Thunder!

"1....2.....3....4-"

Thunder!

"1.....2.....3......4....5.....6..7........8-"

Thunder!

(lmao the fact that I learned this at peppa pig- ✋😔☠️)

Then like a miracle, the thunder continued to grumbling until it was just raining. You just feel it, it felt warm and carefree. You opened your eyes to meet Emma's emerald eyes, she was smilling too bright and she doesn't seem to have any fear, as if this was a mere mosquito.

"Thank you Emma... I.. thank you so much." you stated, realising that you were clinging onto her like a boyfriend, you unclasped yourself off her. Afraid of Ray but still blushing. You didn't realise you were sticking like a glue and she's a girl, a lady. Oh gosh, here goes the dignity, I guess?

On cue, light pounced onto darkness as you were met with everyone already sleeping except for Ray who seems to wait, standing with his arms crossed.

When his eyes came across you, his eyes seem to secretly twitch to which you looked away immediately.

"I- uhhh.. thank you about that Emma. I'll go to sleep immediately.. thank you! uhh.. thank you."

that was close, I'm scared of Ray. Chile anyways, thank you Emma.

You thought, scratching your head before rubbing your pounding heart so gently, you felt your flat chest pounding, safe from Ray's glare.

a/n: so update i came to look back to my old account which is this one but when i saw how i write i cringed hard. SO YOU GUYS DIDNT TELL ME THIS IS HOW CRINGEY I WRITE BACK IN LIKE 5TH GRADE?!?! HOW DARE YOU IM LIKE IN HIGHSCHOOL NOW AND MY WRITING PHASE BACK THEN WAS SO CRINGEY BUT ILL BE CONTINUING THIS BUT WOULD EDIT SOME PARTS OF THE CHAPTERS