Chapter 3- Wake Up.

The boys looked taken back, The guy with shaggy hair was trying to  speak up.

"What? No. No. No. After we floated out of the ambulance, all we did is go to that weird, dark room where Alex cried." All of our stares then landed on him.

"Well....I think we were all a little upset okay?" He answered in a very high-pitched voice. I chuckled. The boy with shaggy hair ignored his comment and continued, he did that a lot I noticed.

"Yeah, but that was just for like an hour, We just showed up here." He questioned. Julie looked annoyed.

"I'm just telling you what my phone says. See? You died in 1995. When you were 17. It's now 2020." I zoned out the rest of the conversation, eyeing up the guitar in the corner, it was my old electric one. I t was lilac and it too gathered dust. At that moment all I wanted to do was pick it up and play again, forgetting why I hadn't played in 2 years. I wondered if I was still good. I was snapped out of my trance when I heard Carlos's voice.

"A normal sister for starters, stop being weird and come eat." Carlos motioned to both of us.

"Tell dad I'm good. I got Starbucks before so I'll just make myself mac and cheese later." I told him. Carlos nodded and left with Julie behind him. Julie then mentioned something about them not being allowed to stay here and I perked  up tuning into the conversation.

"Jules come on. Let them stay they have no where else to go. Besides, what harm are they doing out here. At least think about it?" I asked her. She nodded and then shaggy hair dude asked for  Julies name and she gave it. I learnt the others names as well. Shaggy hair dude was Luke. Leather jacket dude was Reggie and the blonde guy was Alex.

"Julie seems nice." Reggie remarked and I chuckled. 

"Did you miss the part where she kicked us out or..?" Alex told him as Reggie made a confused face, "Yeah...okay." The band then went to go talk to Julie leaving me alone in the studio with an acoustic guitar calling me. I picked it up and started to strum along, I sang a song that I had written after my mum had died.

(above is what you sounded like)

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat, hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, I said show me something
He said, "If you're there come a little closer"

Round and around, and around, and around we go
Ohh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take, it's given

Round and around, and around, and around we go
Ohh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now, you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay

Ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, 'cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
'Cause when you never see the light, it's hard to know which one of us is caving

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay...

Stay...
I want you to stay
Ooh...

I smiled, it felt good to play again, I  hadn't played in 2 years and I felt relieved. I looked up to see the 3 guys standing there a shocked look on their faces.

"Omg, I'm so so sorry. I didn't realise you were there. Again, I'm really sorry." I stuttered dropping the guitar on the bench next to me, I ran out into my room and flopped on my bed. I sighed and turned around. I probably sounded so bad, I hadn't played in 2 years so I hasn't had any training. The boys appeared beside me, making me shriek. 

"Umm. Hi guys?" I asked them.

"Yo what you did back there was amazing why didn't you tell us you could sing AND play?! You have serious skills. And did you write that song? Did you make the melody up? How did you come up with the chords? Could you give me some pointers?" I'm surprised Luke could still breathe, I appreciate the compliment, but wow that boy needs to take a chill pill.

2"Woah. Luke chill, look if you must know. I haven't  played in a REALLY long time I was just messing about I didn't think about what I was doing much and yes, I wrote that song after... you know what never mind. Anything else?" Reggie spoke up.

"How long?" He asked.

"What?" I replied, taken back by his question.

"How long has it been since you played?" He repeated. I sighed.

"A little over 2 years, I think? I lost track." I spoke looking down towards my feet.

"2 YEARS?!" Luke shouted, causing me to jump, "I couldn't even imagine given music up for that long."

"Luke you guys haven't played for 25 years." He nodded looking taken back.

"But that was like an hour in our time, so it doesn't count." He replied.

"How old are you then? You look older than Julie." Reggie asked, ignoring our previous conversation.

"Oh uhm I'm 17 but 18 next week." I replied

"Same!" Luke perked up, getting pulled out of his trance. I smiled back at him.

"Well I'm exhausted so I'm going to sleep. Bye boys." They said goodnight and the left.