Chapter 8- Flying Solo Part 3

She stood there in shock. Like all of the breath had left her body. I had tears streaming down my face and I was begging her to say something. The silence was killing me. 

"Tay, please s-say something." I could barely get it out through the rack of sobs that were spilling out of me. She opened her mouth but no words came out.

"What uh, what stage" She gulped trying to calm herself down.

"2 but that was like 2 weeks ago, it could've changed, I go in for a check-up on Tuesday so we will find out then."

"Cool. Cool. How did Julie take it?" She was trying to evade the question.

"I- uh, I haven't exactly told her yet." She turned to me with wide-eyes and her face still puffy from the crying.

"WHAT?! SKYLAR!"

"SHHHHHHHH, god Taylor you're gonna wake the dead. I just I-I couldn't do it. She didn't speak to me for 2 years and she finally is back to herself, playing again, I just need to figure out the right way to tell her and hope that she will turn to music instead of pushing it and  me away." She just nodded and quickly excused herself. I felt bad. Why do I have to bring all of this pain onto people? Why me?

LATER THAT DAY

"Guys, we are going to perform that song from earlier and give it as a gift to Flynn so hopefully she will forgive me." Julie burst through the doors. 

"Wait what? No-Julie that is my song for Taylor not Flynn. Couldn't you have asked me first?" It was my song and I wrote it for Taylor when she was helping with my cancer and things. Julie didn't even ask me.

"So? Who cares? It's not like you'll ever let Taylor see it? I'm in a really tough spot and you can't do me this one favour? It was just a song? Okay?" My eyes tore away from her to the boys, who's expression matched mine. Disbelief. Why would Julie take a song of mine without asking, she has never been this thoughtless before.

"Julie that's not the point, it is Sky's personal song." Luke added sparing me an apologetic glance and Alex and Reggie nodded in agreement.

"No guys, it's okay. I can write another one for Taylor, it was just a draft anyways. We can get to rehearsing now." Reggie scrunched his eyebrows up, but in the end gave up and the boys went to grab their instruments.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

There was a knock at the door and my guess was Flynn. After a quick conversation between Julie and Flynn, she came in and Julie instructed her to sit down.

"Can you ask her to move me and Sky need space to rock out ya know? It also feels really weird having to walk through her." Reggie sent a wink my way and I chuckled.

"Uh, actually can  you go over there? Reggie and Skylar needs space to rock out together, and he feels weird walking through you."

"Boy when you create a world you REALLY live in it." Julie chuckled and put her hands on Flynn's shoulders.

"Just sit! If you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram. Feel free to look around," Flynn looked around and chuckled before sinking down into her seat, "the guys took a poem that I wrote about you and put it to music." The boys all looked at me while I gawked at Julie in disbelief. So she was just gonna lie? It's bad enough that she stole my song, but now she's taking all the credit?

"Umm, actually I wrote the song about Taylor but we all agreed that implies the same thing with you and Julie." Julie shot me a dirty look but quickly plastered on a fake smile and nodded, whilst Flynn glared at Julie.

"Great! Another lie Julie, when's it gonna stop?" Julie mumbled a quick apology and got ready.

(JULIE)

If I leave you on a bad note, leave you on a sad note

Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day

I know all your secrets

Guess that means some things they never, they never

(SKY)
Change
We both know what I, what I, what I
Mean

(ALL)

(Hey!) Yeah, yeah
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah
My life, my lifе would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

(REGGIE)

That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work
It will never

(LUKE)
Change
We both know what I, what I, what I
Mean
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

(ALL)
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

(ALL)
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you

When we finished the song me and Reggie's faces were 2 inches apart from each other, we had ended up sharing a microphone. It was then when I noticed that  Reggie had specs off hazel in his eyes. Unintentionally, my eyes flickered down from his eyes to his lips, I quickly pulled away. What just happened? No way was I starting to like Reggie. He's a ghost. He's not even made of flesh and bones. What is wrong with me?