Chapter 10- I got the music

After my performance, me, Julie and the boys went down to the garage to wait for Alex so that we could rehearse but as no one knew where he was we already started. We had just finished the song when Alex came in.

"Oh. Hey Alex." I said as Alex proofed into the rooms. He had a grin plastered on his face and I knew that he had met someone.

"Where have you been?" Luke jumped in, obviously not noting the signs of Alex's whereabouts.

"We need to start practicing" Jules backed Luke up- I'm starting to suspect some chemistry between them.

"Yeah? for what?"

"Dance news!" Flynn strutted into the room and practically answered Alex's questions, "I don't have a date. But I don't care because I'm so psyched to see you guys perform!" I chuckled at this- Flynn never lost her giddiness.

"Oh man! We're playing a dance?" Alex slouched and his grin dropped.

"Of course dude! That's how we get a following now-a-days!" I looked at Reggie, knowing that he'd been moaning about it not seconds earlier.

"Yeah Alex get with the program." I laughed.

"What? The guys are here?" Sometimes i forget that other people can't see them it's kinda weird.

After Flynn trying to wave at the boys but facing the complete other direction, Carlos walked in but I could see dad through the window of our house and he was on the phone looking really stressed, so I left.

"Hey. Dad? Are you okay?" I asked softly

"Oh Sky! Hey. I'm fine just in the phone with the doctors. How did Julie take it," I looked down- not wanting to say it, "What?! You haven't told her! Sky! You need to tell her soon."

"I know, I know. I just don't want her to be sad ya know? I feel so guilty for having to put her through this I don't want to do it again!" I confessed. Dad furrowed his eyebrows.

"Don't feel guilty. It's not your fault."

"I know. I should get back me and Jules are gonna write some songs." And with that I left to go back to the garage.

As I walked into the garage, I heard a familiar song playing through Luke's guitar.

"So you wanna sample?" I asked as I made myself visible to the group. Luke looked confused.

"What do u mean 'sample'?" He followed up

"Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs in the car all the time" I frowned.

"Our" I corrected

"What?" Julie asked

"Our mom. You said my mom. You do that a lot." I whispered the last bit.

"Whatever" she answered, focusing her attention back to Luke.

"It's a classic Trevor Wilson song" I informed him.

"Nope. It's a classic our song." Reggie rebuttaled.

"Pure sunset curve, never even heard of Trevor Wilson," Luke added.

"I don't mix up songs. Trust me, me and his daughter used to be best friends. I used to hang out at their place all the time- I know that song. Here okay I'll prove it." Julie answered, again leaving out the 'we' but I ignored it because I was interested in what was happening.

"His first album had a bunch of hits, but none of his latest stuff is that good." I added, looking at the picture of my ex-best friends father.

"That's Bobby." Luke said with wide eyes.