Learning

Y/n's POV
As I followed Hagrid out of the passageway we had just entered, I was greeted by the smell of rain, salt, and smoke. I looked around taking in my surroundings. The cobblestoned ground shimmering from the recent rainfall, surrounded by an assortment of different shops and restaurants. There was even a bank all the way at the bottom of the alley.

I just stood there in awe as I watched hundreds if not thousands of people pile in and out of different shops. "Here we are!" Hagrid said with excitement in his voice.

"Um, Hagrid. Where exactly is here?" I asked confused.

"Diagon Alley of course," Hagrid exclaimed as he looked down at me. "The only place in the world where you can get every item on the Hogwarts supply list." Hagrid explained.

As we walked further into the street I could feel all eyes on me. It felt no different to when I was at Sword and Cross. Maybe it was because I was 5'4 with pale, freckled skin, green eyes and jet black, straight hair. And the person I was stood next to was 8'4 with tanned skin, brown eyes, very messy hair and clothes.

"So Hagrid, where are we going first?" I asked breaking the silence that had come between us.

"Well since you most likely have your wand we won't need to go to Ollivanders." Hagrid said thinking out loud.

"Wand?" I asked cutting him off.

"Yes, your wand. You know the thing you use to cast spells." Hagrid explained looking at me as if this was something that was obvious.

"I don't have a wand Hagrid," I replied.

"Well in that case, I know exactly where to go then. Come follow me." Hagrid said walking off.

▫️▫️▫️

"Hello there, now I was wondering if I would ever see another Lestrange." An old man said as we walked in Ollivanders.

"How do you know my name?" I asked with caution.

"Well you see young lady, your family has quite the reputation here. But surely you know that." The old man said walking off looking at different boxes.

"Hagrid, what is he going on about?" I asked not taking my eyes off the old man.

"That Y/n is Mr Ollivander. He is the one that makes all these wands. He also somehow remembers every customer he's ever sold to and every wand they have bought." Hagrid explained.

"Ah here we go this should work! Dogwood wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 3/4 inches and a surprisingly swishy flexibility." Mr Ollivander said handing the wand over to me.

Within seconds of holding the wand I felt my soul shift. As if it was content, at peace and finally at home. Almost immediately followed a strong gust of wind that whipped its way around the shop.

"Interesting, this is perfect! This is your wand Miss Lestrange, it has chosen you!" Cried Mr Ollivander.

"Um, Hagrid. How am I meant to pay for this?" I asked in a hushed tone.

"Oh don't worry about that. The headmaster has requested we get all your things for the year." Hagrid replied while patting me on the head and handing over 7 giant gold coins.

As we stepped out the shop I put my wand in my pocket and began following along with Hagrid. I couldn't explain why but all of a sudden everything felt right in the world. I felt safe.