First Class

Y/n's POV
I had only been in class for ten minutes but I could tell that I would fall in love with this subject. It was so interesting. The fact that you could mix different things together to make something like instant death! Professor Snape said that we wouldn't be making anything until November though. Everyone in the class, but me, groaned at the thought of the growing pile of essays the Professor was setting.

As Professor Snape finished writing on the blackboard what we would be required to do for next week, there was a bang from outside the door. Professor Snape did not take his eyes off the door when it swung open and in burst Fred, George and Lee.

"Mr Weasley, Mr Weasley and Mr Jordan! You are ten minutes late! Where have you been!" Professor Snape shouted.

"We got lost..." Lee replied with a hint of fear in his voice.

"You got lost? You have been here for six years now Mr Jordan. Miss Lestrange has been here all but a day and she got here on time!" Hissed Professor Snape as he walked towards the boys.

"Sorry Sir," George said quickly before dragging Lee to sit by him on the empty desk at the back of the classroom.

The only other available seat was next to me. I was going to have to sit next to Fred for the whole year.

"Why are you still stood up Mr Weasley?" Professor Snape said turning away from Fred.

"There isn't anywhere to sit Sir," Fred replied scowling at me.

"Yes there is. Next to Miss Lestrange. Mr Avery doesn't seem to have a problem with it, so neither should you." Professor Snape scolded as he reached the blackboard.

Fred sat down next to me and moved all this things as far away from me as possible. I knew after didn't like me but, I didn't think it would be this bad. It hurt to know that I couldn't change his mind. It hurt knowing that he turned on me because of my last name. It hurt that Fred had managed to strip away the happiness that I thought would last all day.

"Hey, he's a prick don't worry. Most Gryffindor's are. You've got me and Aramina to keep you company though," Alec said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks. I don't know why I thought anyone would trust me. I guess Dumbledore was wrong. Maybe I will end up like my Mother." I shrugged.

"What's that meant to mean?" Alec asked.

"Oh, Dumbledore said my Mother was quite lonely when she attended Hogwarts." I replied while noting down what Professor Snape was saying.

"Oh okay. Well yeah like I said, you don't need him." Alec added.

As the lesson went on all I could do was think about Fred. I wanted to talk to him. But I couldn't. I couldn't help but look at him out of the corner of my eye every so often. Most of the time he would be concentrated on his work but, there were a couple of times where he was looking at me. Only for me to catch him of course. Every time I did he would just roll his eyes and look back at his work.

▫️▫️▫️

Fred's POV
"Thanks boys!" I shouted as I walked up behind Lee and George before hitting them both round the heads.

"Ow!" Lee cried, rubbing the back of his head.

"What was that for?" George asked turning to me.

"You know exactly what that was for," I replied.

"No I think you're mistaken there." George began.