i.

a dark red blur streaked its way across the train tracks, slowly stopping as the doors slid open. you sighed in annoyance, wishing the doors stopped outside of you instead of away from you.

you walked towards the train, stepping over the gap and looking for a seat. a lone seat was available and you quickly made your way to it, sitting beside a woman with a child and a man.

"do you wanna... sit beside her?" you awkwardly ask.

"sorry?"

"i- uh, do you wanna sit beside her?" you repeat, nodding towards the woman. "is the kid... and the woman... you know, yours?"

"oh! no, i don't know her. or the child," the man says.

so much for first impressions, you thought. you had just embarrassed yourself and presumably the stranger you had met on the subway. you mentally cursed yourself for asking that question.

"oh, sorry," you tell him.

"it's no problem. i'm wilbur," he says, holding his hand out.

"y/n."

"how come you're on a subway at... almost one in the morning?" wilbur asks.

"i could ask you the same thing. i'm going home from school," you elaborate.

"you still go to school?"

"not anymore."

"you got kicked out?" he asks, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"what? no. i graduated," you clarify. "i was seeing my parents and now i'm going home."

he nods slowly, looking around the half empty tube. the woman with the child had now left the subway, leaving just you and wilbur, along with a few random people.

you and wilbur found some things you were both interested in. you both enjoyed making videos, and you and him had taken a liking to minecraft. you found out he streams it a lot, whereas you would play it once or twice a week. the train stopped and wilbur stood up, turning to face you.

"don't know if you've noticed, but this is my stop," he jokes.

"oh, i just thought you were stretching your legs," you say.

he smiles. "see you around, y/n."

you wave goodbye to him, watching as he walked off the tube. he waved to you through the window as the subway began moving, slightly tilting you sideways. the deafening sound of the subway moving against the tracks filled your ears as you waited for the train to stop at your destination, wanting to be back home soon.

EVE SPEAKS !

first chapter woooo! this is like their origin story, how they met. also i'm only in year ten i have no idea how graduating works.

if you don't like it, don't tell me because i'll end up rethinking this whole book. if you don't like it, please don't read it! <3