iv.

the rain drizzled down the window, the dark clouds rolled above the building as lighting streaked its way through the sky. like children, you and wilbur had spent the day picking a raindrop and seeing which one would reach the bottom first.

the amount of time you and wilbur had spent just watching the rain was concerning. it started raining at around 11am, and it was now 6pm. you obviously hadn't spent the day watching it, you had done other things.

those 'other things' included many games of bedwars, many shopping trips (to which you ended up getting strange looks), and finally, you streamed together.

and now, it was currently 2am, and you and wilbur were still together. it was one of those days where wilbur would stream one day, then stream really early the next. and you were featured on the stream, like always. it was a casual stream, no games, just chatting.

surprisingly, tommy was still awake, and he had joined the vc wilbur was in. wilbur had left the room for something and had given you the headset, and you were now speaking to tommy.

"my parents are asleep, must be quiet. are you two boyfriend and girlfriend?" tommy asks, the first question coming to mind.

"no-"

"i think you are."

"tommy, we are not-"

wilbur entered the room, a small smile appearing on his face as he sees you sitting in his chair. he walks towards you, standing behind you. you tilt your head back to look at him, and he ends up tapping your nose.

"okay. point proven," tommy says.

"point proven?" you repeat.

"what point did he prove?" wilbur asks.

"that we're boyfriend and girlfriend."

wilbur's eyes widened and he took the headset off you, placing it over his own ears before speaking to tommy. you noticed how when he spoke his eyes would be fixated on something near you, or directly on you.

tommy had left the vc to 'sleep off the endless work of wife having', leaving you and wilbur alone. wilbur had decided to annoy everyone that could hear him by playing 'i'm in love with an e-girl' at the early hours of a wednesday morning.

chat had noticed how when he sang, he would look down at you occasionally. he would smile when he saw you quietly singing along, and then about half an hour later, he ended the stream.

you checked the time, seeing it was now 4:32 am. you let out a yawn, turning around to see wilbur standing behind you.

"it's really late, wil... or is it early? i don't know, but i'm going to head home," you say.

"oh- do you want me to walk you back?" he asks.

"i think i'll be okay," you say softly. "thanks, though."

wilbur opens his arms, and you envelope yourself in a hug. you feel him rest his chin against the top of your head, before you both pull away. you head towards the door, turning to face him again.

"love you."

"love you, too."