v.

as wilbur finished his stream, he was notified of the new person moving into the office beside his. he heard the song 'jubilee line' playing, slightly muffled due to the walls in between. if he knew who was on the other side, he would surely want to break down those walls.

he couldn't help but hum along to the tune he made, wishing he could see the person who was listening to his album. he didn't want to seem weird so he waited.

he waited a whole week.

that week was the most excruciating thing. he could hear the sound of his own voice echoing through the wall. he could hear the door closing whenever the person entered the office. he could hear the sigh they let out whenever he shouted. he could hear all of this, yet he couldn't see any of it.

he wished he had visited them earlier. the mysterious neighbour hadn't been to the office in two days, and he was slowly regretting not introducing himself. he sat at his desk, sitting up when he heard the door to the office beside him close.

he waited a few minutes before standing up, leaving his office and walking towards the office. knocking on the door, he watched as the door handle turned and the door opened.

"hi!" he says, smiling. "i'm, uh, your neighbour. well, not neighbour, technically, but-"

"i'm y/n. i guess i'm your neighbour, too."

wilbur knew she looked familiar. but know, he knew exactly where he knew her from. that one train ride late at night. she was the one who had been listening to the song.

"i'm, uh, wilbur."

"you don't sound too sure about that," you joke. "you seem familiar. do i know you from somewhere?"

"i was thinking the same thing," he says. "did you used to live in london?"

"i did..." you answer skeptically. "how did you know?"

"jubilee line."

"sorry?"

"we met on the jubilee line."

you felt as if everything had stopped. you remembered the small conversations you had with him as you waited to arrive at your destination. after he had gotten off you had no way of speaking to him anymore. and now, here you were. in a completely different city in the uk, renting an office beside someone you had bonded with in less than five minutes.

"i did hate to see you leaving," you say.

"why?"

"we talked for about five minutes. call me crazy, but those five minutes were awesome."

"just so you know, i still don't have a woman. or a child."

"please never remind me i said that," you say.

"i won't," he tells you.

"so, wanna talk?" you ask. "i feel like i missed out in a lot."

wilbur smiles. "yeah. i'd love to."