<chapter 4>

I get through the day and I walk upstairs. 2:45. Okay, fifteen minuets until I have to talk to Alex about it. The fifteen minute flew by quicker than anything else ever. I hear a small tap on my window and I jump. Alex smiles sympathetically. I smile back but I am not sure how I feel at the moment.

"Not inside. Up there." I say pointing up as i climb out of the window. I changed from my skirt into a pair of grey sweat pants and took my jacket off, so at least I was comfortable in the since of clothing. I sigh as I sit on the small ledge. I look at the skyline and stare for a moment.

"That was Jay Wilson, my ex boy friend. He did not like that I changed after my mom died and when I broke up with him he made it his mission to get me back. What never it takes." I sigh. Alex huffs.

"You know, I am not sure I like that guy." I smile and giggle softly.

"I dont think I do either." I say rubbing my wrist it still hurts. The bruise still visible.

"Can I see?" He asks innocently. I move my braclets that hide it from the naked eye and he just frowns.

"Actually I hate this guy. You dont deserve that." He says. We were silent after that for a moment just enjoying the company of each other.

"You know, somehow, since you guys showed up the voices in my head almost stopped talking." I say not thinking.

"Voices?"

"Yeah, um, since my mom died I have had these voices in my head talking to me, telling me how terrible I am and that I am not worth the time. Always pointing out the worst." I say looking at my feet.

"Hey, they are not speaking the truth. You are worth the time. At you are in Reggie's eyes." He laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing." He says.

"No, what do you mean in Reggie's eyes." I say mimicking him.

"Well he talks about you all the time. The last time I heard him talk about something the way he talks about you, well... I have never heard him talk like that." Alex says. I smile feeling hear rise into my cheeks.

"Do not tell him I told you that. Or I dont think I will ever be able to talk to anyone ever again." He says. I laugh.

"Secret is safe with me. As long as mine is safe right you." I say.

"Always." He says. I smile. I like not having the voices fill my head.

Alex poofs off the roof and I stare at the horizon for a while and before I know it I hear dad yell for us for dinner. I climb back down and into my room. I change into an oversized tee and fixing my braclets before running down the stairs.

"How was your say at school, M?" Dad says yo me as I sit down at the table.

"Good. How was work?" I say.

"Fine. Care to tell me why I got a call from Jay Wilson asking for my permission to take you out?" Dad says. Julie shoots her head and Carlos makes a face.

"Please tell me you said no." I wine.

"I did, but why did he call? I thought that you did not like anyone?" Dad says.

"Dad I don't like Jay. I mean I did but not anymore. He is a butt." I say making Carlos laugh.

"Okay... are you sure?" He says making a face.

"Dad I promise, and if i liked anyone it would definalty not be Jay Wilson." I say. I see Alex in the window. He smiles and gives a slight smile. He winks and points to the studio. I nod and point to my food. He gets it and walks away. Julie nods. Dad and Calros are oblivious to everything.