<chapter 11>

"Play an intro to gain their attention." Jonas says and I start to play the strings. I hear the chatter dim. "Now start the song." He says pulling the curtain, revealing me to the entire school. I smile as Flynn and Julie give me reassuring nods.

"Time's been ticking, hearts are running, Think that Cupid's up to something..." I keep singing as I hear a familiar whoosh in the distance. The boys are here. I smile as I close my eyes. I keep singing. I got to the chorus and started to walk around a little just enjoying the audience that had risen to their feet and made their way to the stage. They crowded around my feet and I sway back and forth to the music. I hear the whoosh again and look back at the wing of the stage before quickly looking back at the audience. Flynn and Julie are at my feet and bend down slightly. They acted like I was famous and freaked out slightly. I stop playing for a split second and hold a note.

"I hope you catch me when I land..." and then start to play again. I smile at Flynn and Julie before standing back up and looking back at the boys. I wink at Reggie and see him smile. He knew now that this was about him. I continued to sing and enjoyed the crowed as I walked across the stage. 

"I didn't think it could be true, Let alone that it would be you. I think I'm in love again. I think I'm in love again." I sang and everything faded as I locked eyes with Reggie. Oh what I would give to wrap my arms around him right now. I am snaped out of my daze by a small voice in my ear and the entire school freaking out in front of me. 

"That was amazing." Jonas says and I send a smile his way. I bend down and high five Flynn and Julie. They smile. 

"Thank you." I say giving a small bow. I walk off into the wing and Jonas starts to shower me with compliments. 

"That was amazing. I did not know you could sing like that." He said. 

"Well, obviously. You don't know me." I say. He looks down avoiding eye contact. "Jonas?" 

"I knew you before. I was friends with Jay." He says and I step back. 

"Oh..." I fade. 

"Maddie. I want you to know that I really hated the way he treated you." Jonas says and I give him a soft smile. 

"I appriciate that but..." I start and he cuts me off. 

"I am not friends with him anymore. He told me what happened between you two and I could not even look at him. He should have never used you after your mom died." He says. 

"I agree." I say, looking down. "Hey, do you want to go get some ice cream after school?" I ask. 

"Sure. Um, I'll meet you by the library." he says with a smile. 

"Okay." I say. I return the smile. I walk away and to my guitar case. I snap it closed before a whoosh. I flip around and I smile wider than before. 

"I think I am in love too." Reggie says. Oh I want to hug him so bad. He takes off his jacket. He sets it on my case. 

"It is the closest I can get." He says with a frown. I pick it up and slide my arms into the sleeves. He smiles again as it is way too big for me. I wrap my arms around myself and take a breath in. He laughs. 

"Thank you, Reginald." I say. 

"Maddison." I scrunch my face. He scrunches his and then we both burst into laughter.

"Oh crap, no one else can see you, except for Jules, and she is giving me a look telling me to chill out because it looks like I am laughing at nothing right now." I say. We both walk down the stairs. We stop at the door before I turn to look at him.