<chapter 7>

*(a/n so I use a song that is published in 2021 because I am writting it 2021 so just pretend. Hehe. Love you. Thanks for reading hope you enjoy.)*

-Reggie POV-

I watch her run off with tears running down her face. This time it was even worse than before. I drop to the floor. I don't know what to do with myself.

"If Julie and Maddie are not in the band then..." Alex starts but Luke cuts him off.

"Then there is no band." Then all three of is get hit with a jolt of pain in our chest.

"What was that? I have never had a broken heart before but I don't think that is what it feels like." I say sitting on the floor holding my chest.

"It felt like we were dying all over again." Alex says.

"How can we die if we are already dead." Luke says.

-Maddie POV-

I change into my pjs and climb into bed. I know I am not going to sleep but I already missed the sun so I did not see a point to climb onto the roof. I want a hug from Julie ir even Flynn. They give the best hugs. But I could not let them see me like this.  I did not really cry like this around them, especially not over a guy. I pick up my phone and notice it was midnight but for some reason I got a notification. CONAN POSTED A NEW SONG.

I grabbed my headphones and click play on a song called overdrive. Conan's familiar voice filled my head and I sighed. I listened to the lyrics.

Only met on the weekend
Said I'm not catching feelings
Oh, I guess I lied

I sit up straight. It is like he looked at my life and wrote about. Dang, Conan way to hit me where it hurts. I keep listening and just enjoy the upbeat song. I try to ignore the fact that half of what is keeping me happy just left. I sigh as the song ends. I wish they were not so stupid. I mean I want to get back at the entire Wilson family but they knew what that meant to us so I don't understand why they would just ditch us to go get back at him when the best way to get back at him is to do well in our band. Julie and I need to talk about how we are going to handle them because they are living in the garage.

I lay in my bed my thoughts still rolling as fast as possible but the voices that torture me still are silent it is like the guys put them to sleep or something. I am happy the voices are gone. They needed to find someone new to tourture. I could feel my eyes get heavy but my head still raced and I could not calm down so I still could not sleep.

My phone dings and I roll over. 4:30 am. It is Julie.

Can't sleep you?

Nope. Call me? I message back and a picture of Julie and I flashed across the screen. I answer it and I can she has been crying. I climb onto the roof so dad does not wake up.

"Hey, sis. How's the sleepover going?" I say.

"Good, we had a pint of ice cream then watched Desendents. I was good but then Flynn fell asleep and I was remind of what happened over the course of the day." She says with a sigh. 

"Yeah, I have pretty much the same evening except my happy period was only about three minuets. Conan posted a new song but after it was over I immediatly was reminded. Plus like the song was like about me, I swear, the first line is about me!" I say. She laughs. 

"There is that laugh. That is what I needed. But we do have to talk about those people a little bit becauase, they are still kind of living in our garage." I say.